Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

maxmp

1 hour ago, Fusco said:

Hi! It would be nice if we can have an option for the alphabetic order of the tracks wich allow the app to consider the "THE" of many bands name instead of ignoring it and using the second word for the place.

Use Folder sorting, as that uses full-text string sorting at the list level rather than corrected alphabetical (i.e. ignoring articles such as "a", "an", "the") ordering

Andre

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, Sekula925 said:

Is there any info about new theme progress? Thanks in advance

I wish there was something more I could tell you, but I haven't heard anything back on the subject from Max since the start of November, when he said was aiming to have a new beta release ready for January. I emailed him on Thursday to see if there was anything more definite, but not had a reply as yet.

Andre

3 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I wish there was something more I could tell you, but I haven't heard anything back on the subject from Max since the start of November, when he said was aiming to have a new beta release ready for January. I emailed him on Thursday to see if there was anything more definite, but not had a reply as yet.

Andre

Shame, at least he could send us some pics to see how it will look like, hope we will see this month, thanks again

4 hours ago, Sekula925 said:

Shame, at least he could send us some pics to see how it will look like

I've asked Max for a few teaser screenshots too, several times actually, but I guess he's been too busy to create any. I'll let you know as soon as I hear anything anyway. 

Andre

I just had an update from Max saying that he expects to be able to issue a "feature complete" beta in March (which will include the new user interface) and after a short testing period v3 will become the official release product. He hasn't been able to release any interim versions as until the UI is fully complete parts of the app would not work. 

DLNA, Chromecast and social stuff will not be in the initial 3.0 release but are planned to be introduced in subsequent builds (otherwise the thing would never get released!).

Andre

• 1 month later...
On 1/26/2017 at 1:54 PM, andrewilley said:

I just had an update from Max saying that he expects to be able to issue a "feature complete" beta in March (which will include the new user interface) and after a short testing period v3 will become the official release product. He hasn't been able to release any interim versions as until the UI is fully complete parts of the app would not work. 

DLNA, Chromecast and social stuff will not be in the initial 3.0 release but are planned to be introduced in subsequent builds (otherwise the thing would never get released!).

Andre

hello andre, any news about new theme update? thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2011 at 9:37 PM, maxmp said:

Planned features for Poweramp

- UI improvements (we'll keep 3rd party skins compatible)

- support for album grabbing apps via system library album art support

- google music song info

- system library playlists support

- settings export/import (to/from sd card, including equ/tone presets)

- advanced tag editing

- rating sync'ing from/to tags

- optional (enabled by default) support for standard android .nomedia files

- special treatment for user created playlists/queue, which keeps songs in playlist even if songs are deleted/temporarily unaccessible to Poweramp

Bunch of 3rd party and in-house plugins, which optionally enhance Poweramp in some direction for users, who need it. We don't put everything in "monster" Poweramp package, instead, these

are separately downloadable plugins:

- cloud services via 3rd party plugins

- smart playlist via 3rd party plugin

- online radios via 3rd party plugins

- automatic tag matching via 3rd party plugin

- lyrics via 3rd party plugins

- audio effects via 3rd party plugins

- Sony Smart* accessories support via plugin

- "Social" Poweramp plugin for FB, VK.com, Twitter

So glad to see you are working on

"advanced tag editing" (i want to be able to edit a whole albums tags at once.

"Automatic tag matching" would make this much easier, particularly if through musicbrainz picard.

"Online radios" this really is a missing feature that I'd love incorporated.

It is already a superb audio player (thank you max), these additions would blow the competition away.

Ps. Thanks for milkdrop integration. (would love some further settings like mesh and canvas)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/18/2011 at 6:37 PM, maxmp said:

Planned features for Poweramp

- UI improvements (we'll keep 3rd party skins compatible)

- support for album grabbing apps via system library album art support

- google music song info

- system library playlists support

- settings export/import (to/from sd card, including equ/tone presets)

- advanced tag editing

- rating sync'ing from/to tags

- optional (enabled by default) support for standard android .nomedia files

- special treatment for user created playlists/queue, which keeps songs in playlist even if songs are deleted/temporarily unaccessible to Poweramp

Bunch of 3rd party and in-house plugins, which optionally enhance Poweramp in some direction for users, who need it. We don't put everything in "monster" Poweramp package, instead, these

are separately downloadable plugins:

- cloud services via 3rd party plugins

- smart playlist via 3rd party plugin

- online radios via 3rd party plugins

- automatic tag matching via 3rd party plugin

- lyrics via 3rd party plugins

- audio effects via 3rd party plugins

- Sony Smart* accessories support via plugin

- "Social" Poweramp plugin for FB, VK.com, Twitter

It's been 7 years since you published this list and there are still several of these functions missing from Poweramp! Why take so long?

10 hours ago, Christopher Carmo said:

It's been 7 years since you published this list and there are still several of these functions missing from Poweramp! Why take so long?

I'd go so far as to say almost all of them are still not present. PA development took a different direction when the decision was made to implement high-res audio and an entire new user interface. Perhaps some older items from that old list might get resurrected sometime, but I wouldn't expect anything especially soon.

Andre 

• 1 year later...

Sooo how about that ratings sync feature?

I downloaded Poweramp again after not using it for a couple years and was absolutely floored by all the improvements (it might be one of the best UI's I've ever seen), but was/am very disappointed to see ratings sync still isn't there after all these years. I mean that with no disrespect, but I'd wager there are plenty of other people for whom Poweramp isn't even an option just because of this one feature not being present. Not to mention the original post listing "planned features" mentioning ratings sync was from nearly 9 years ago.

Anyway. Back to the much-less-pretty Rocket Player I go, because all the flash in the world can't overshadow missing features.

Here's hoping this is prioritized someday!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived