Poweramp TODO list/features in progress

maxmp

Sorry but is working for me on my car Renault BT stereo system.

Are you using version .508?

Yes indeed, 2.0.6 build 508, supposed to introduce BT support of Samsung phones (got an i9100)

I tried with different BT settings (the last 2 in Misc/Tweaks about Metadata), but didn't managed to make it work on my Sony MEXBT3900U, whereas other Apps works flawlessly (but not as good as Poweramp in general), that's why I figured the App seems faulty.

In fact, the head unit doesn't display "NONE" or "NO INFO", it is just plain empty :(

Would a logcat be helpful ?

Edit : According to your signature, only the head unit and kernel differs, may try Siyah tomorrow.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've noticed when I delete an artist or album from my Library (not in Folders) that the song files only get deleted. I have my music set out like most, a folder for artists, then sub-folder for the album, and inside that are the song files. It'd be great if the folder was deleted too.

Yes indeed, 2.0.6 build 508, supposed to introduce BT support of Samsung phones (got an i9100)

I tried with different BT settings (the last 2 in Misc/Tweaks about Metadata), but didn't managed to make it work on my Sony MEXBT3900U, whereas other Apps works flawlessly (but not as good as Poweramp in general), that's why I figured the App seems faulty.

In fact, the head unit doesn't display "NONE" or "NO INFO", it is just plain empty :(

Would a logcat be helpful ?

Edit : According to your signature, only the head unit and kernel differs, may try Siyah tomorrow.

Just tried with Siyah, no luck.

Went back on CM9 stock one, performed full wipe and tried, no luck either.

I checked with Google Music, it works (so head unit is not faulty).

When I pause GMusic, it shows "PAUSE" on the LCD Display, and doesn't change at all when playing with Poweramp, like if no data was sent :mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

I was wondering if it would be possible to shorten the amount of a song that gets played to add it to the most played list.it seems right now i have to play 100% of the song. I usually like to skip the last ten seconds of songs to cut out empty space.

If we could change it to maybe if 90% of the song is played it gets counted in most played, it would more accurately reflect my most played

Just a quick feedback from me. I have CM10 (Jelly Bean) running on my Galaxy S II and noticed some things were gone that are working on ICS. Maybe in the next Release you could make them JB compatible. In particular, there is no Cover in the Notification Bar anymore and the Track Info isn't shown on my Bluetooth Headset anymore. Just small things, but would be nice.

I can help you with translating power amp in Romanian because thiis app is pretty popular.

E-mail me if you are interested.

Hello everyone!

Talking about translations and localization of Poweramp, I could try to translate the app into Bulgarian... If you target localized support at all... You could e-mail me at: andon.n.dragov[at]gmail.com. I'll be glad to help. Poweramp being the best audio player for Android OS is very popular in Bulgaria, too.

Please give us the option to turn off Poweramp's custom library, and stick with the default system library. On my Galaxy S, the system library works beautifully.

I second that because of the Beats mod available for some devices with custom ROM :)

I second that because of the Beats mod available for some devices with custom ROM :)

No offense but Beats is bullcrap. Poweramp offers identical, if not better, performance with more versitility and customisability. Try messing with the lower (lefternmost, 31, 62, 125 and 250) sliders of the EQ, increasing them rather much and you should get pretty darn similar sound. The Bass and Extreme Bass presets are also recommended you try.

Also, I think he meant more as in system library for browsing your music. This will have zero effect on sound quality or other sound enhancers (unless they are system-wide).

• 2 weeks later...

Where did you hear that Google Music would be in the next update? Maybe I'm missing something. :)

I can't confirm it, but I've been following the twitter feeds and page updates for a while, so it seems be due for 2.0.7 or 3.0

Max confirmed Google Music support is coming on Twitter few months ago.

Then I've seen various hints saying it's due for 3.0, which initially was said to be the next update (but that seems to have been changed since :/)

I can't confirm it, but I've been following the twitter feeds and page updates for a while, so it seems be due for 2.0.7 or 3.0

Max confirmed Google Music support is coming on Twitter few months ago.

Then I've seen various hints saying it's due for 3.0, which initially was said to be the next update (but that seems to have been changed since :/)

Well, hopefully this happens. I keep hearing how great this app is, but I can't use it till it interacts with my google stuff :(

since i paid almost five whole dollars for this app i demand the following features:

- a plugin to beep out any swearing or adult themes (it's against my religion and i listen to a lot of hip hop)

- i'm sick of having to pay for music so some kind of feature where i can get around that

- MIDI support

- video player

- the ability to take, edit and publish photos

- a calendar

- solitaire (spider AND the regular kind)

- ps3 emulator

- a feature where my phone battery actually charges while i listen to music instead of drains

- i want the music to play in my ears without actually having to use headphones

- the ability to listen to bands that don't exist yet

- the ability to select two mp3s and have Poweramp produce a glee-style mashup

please release this by the end of the week, i'm sick of waiting

since i paid almost five whole dollars for this app i demand the following features:

Whoa, wait a moment... purchasing an app doesn't automatically mean any updates are guaranteed.

And I know you're not being quite serious but I may add that this is the to-do list, for requesting features there is a dedicated section of the forum.

You reckon? ;)

Did you read the list? :)

I did, though I have hard believing some points.

- a feature where my phone battery actually charges while i listen to music instead of drains

- i want the music to play in my ears without actually having to use headphones

- the ability to listen to bands that don't exist yet

These look legit though, should've been in from the start...

- the ability to select two mp3s and have Poweramp produce a glee-style mashup

PLEASE NO

Archived