PowerAMP v2.0 Beta 1

admin

The playlists seemed to import over just fine and the sound is a big improvement, but one thing I've noticed is that this player split up my genres. I have a category rap/hip hip, now it shows one as rap and the other hip hop....separately. this did not occur in 1.4.

I think I can overlook it though because the sound is amazing. Keep up the good work.

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I have been testing the beta for a few hours and what I can say about it is that i LOVE the new design.

What i Like:

-Lock Screen is EPIC, congrats.

-I might disagree with some people but I like so much the default Skin.

-DVC does increase Volume.

-Help tool tips.

Missing:

-Album, Search, Folder, etc, is missing "Play / Play All" button.

-Scrolling trough Artist/Albums/Folder no longer shows the Beginning Letter.

Suggestions:

-Remove Search, Lyrics and More from Player Menu.

• *Search, it may or it may not be there. Im not sure, (and probably could be wrong) but almost all Android devices have a search hard key.
    *Lyrics, This is a difficult one as it depends on the user refer to other user feedback/pool to know this.
    *More, I think that more button is a waste of space, this could be implemented as a gesture letting us to have an extra button.

-Cross fade Slider, using slider is difficult if user wants precision specially when selecting small times.

Bugs:

-Sound sometimes get "corrupted" for just a pair of seconds. This is true while using other apps or even when lock screen activating. (Another commenter posted this issue before).

-Accidental tapping on EQ while trying to Scroll trough window. (Known bug i think).

Overall is a nice improvement from last version, it still need some polishing before being released to public but it looks and feels superb. Max you are doing a really good work on this, thanks for all.

I'm looking forward for beta 2 already =)

Hi,

First of all I absolutely love the new interface! (apart from I feel it is a little to easy to accidentally change track by swiping).

I am having some issues with ReplayGain support not working very often. In the end I figured out it seems that MusicBee is writing ReplayGain tags in a different format (in MediaInfo they show as REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN etc.), they are also human readable in the file (possibly a different ID3 tag version?). There seem to be a bunch of different ReplayGain tagging methods. The tags work in Foobar2000 but it writes them out in a different format when saving new ones (they show up as friendly names in MediaInfo but don't want to work in Poweramp either). There seem to be a few tracks here and there where they have been applied differently that work correctly (probably done earlier by something else).

What software did you use for encoding ReplayGain tags? (don't mind redoing them as Poweramp seems to be the odd one out in format support) - would be nice to support the other formats though.

I have a problem.

When you turn off the screen the player resets. The problem is definitely on the side of the player because it restored the phone to factory settings and changed the system to another.

Also, uninstall it and install again.

My phone: HTC Hero with Android 2.2 (also tested at 2.3.5)

antcodd

For Replay Gain, Foobar2000 is a reference for PowerAMP, i.e. Foobar2000 created RG info should be readable by PowerAMP (Foobar2000 is closer to standards where they exist). But RG tagging is different across formats.

Any one found out how to see history of songs played (most played, etc)?

Max did say this was included as it is 100% complete

Great improvment in sound on Galaxy S but getting the odd jump especially when other things running.

Any one found out how to see history of songs played (most played, etc)?

Max did say this was included as it is 100% complete

Great improvment in sound on Galaxy S but getting the odd jump especially when other things running.

Go to Library, then open the Menu and select "List Options" after that choose "Most Played" and/or any on the list. Close the window and the List should be there.

:D

Is anyone else having problems with playlists? Clicking on a song in a playlists always takes me to the wrong song.

Same Here, Playlist nor Queue plays the selected song but another in the list.

Thanks Max. Poweramp is truly amazing I have been using it for about a year now and it has never let me down.

I am glad to see that you have added in the Recently Added list and this is a great improvement to the app. I was especially happy that you had decided to make that list hold 100 songs!

Love the new look and feel of Poweramp with the 2.0 beta and i hope other people feel as strongly towards this app as I do.

Only app ever paid for off Android Market, and 100% worth it, Thank You

antcodd

For Replay Gain, Foobar2000 is a reference for Poweramp, i.e. Foobar2000 created RG info should be readable by Poweramp (Foobar2000 is closer to standards where they exist). But RG tagging is different across formats.

I still can't get it to work. I even tried applying ReplayGain (with foobar2000 1.1.8) to a song that has never had ReplayGain applied (as removing it and adding it back with foobar2000 wasn't working), but it still doesn't want to work. I am puzzled that it seems to work for a few of my files (presumably the ones that had replaygain from ripping with DBPowerAmp) but not others. I have tried a complete library re-scan. Maybe I should try clearing data for Poweramp?

Question on the new rating system:

I can put ratings into files from Poweramp and they work great but I have not gotten Poweramp 2.x to recognize a rating that I have set on my computer. Given I only use Foobar, the ratings it uses are embedded in the files.

My question: What rating system does Poweramp read?

I've been looking forward to this update, thanks for finally releasing it!

However it seems beta1 doesn't show the artwork in the tags. However it does show up as "Embed album art", after I've hold my fingers on the artwork for a second or two.

So for now I guess the only way to fix this (without having to manually set the artwork for 500+ tracks) is to put the artwork in the folder. That seems to work.

Is it something you can fix, Max?

Again, thanks for the best Android app existing! :)

I've been looking forward to this update, thanks for finally releasing it!

However it seems beta1 doesn't show the artwork in the tags. However it does show up as "Embed album art", after I've hold my fingers on the artwork for a second or two.

So for now I guess the only way to fix this (without having to manually set the artwork for 500+ tracks) is to put the artwork in the folder. That seems to work.

Is it something you can fix, Max?

Again, thanks for the best Android app existing! :)

I have reported this already with a screenshot, but there is no acknowledgement: this is frustrating to see the album art is embedded, but not being used and to make things worst, Poweramp show that option of Embed album art, which makes no sense!

chreddy, Ottoman

Can you please send me a track (one will be enough) which fails to be shown by PowerAMP with embed album art to poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com?

This can be related to embed art size, PowerAMP will automatically display album art within some limits, i.e. > 200x200 px and up to 1.5mb in size. If embed album art is not within these dimensions, it won't be displayed automatically, but will be still available for manual selection in Select Album Art.

chreddy, Ottoman

Can you please send me a track (one will be enough) which fails to be shown by Poweramp with embed album art to Poweramp.maxmpz gmail.com?

This can be related to embed art size, Poweramp will automatically display album art within some limits, i.e. > 200x200 px and up to 1.5mb in size. If embed album art is not within these dimensions, it won't be displayed automatically, but will be still available for manual selection in Select Album Art.

Seems like it happens only for cue files (both mp3+cue and m4a+cue)

I don't know if this is due to Poweramp or whether it calls external on-line tools, but when searching for album art it fails to search if the band name has a special character such as the oumlaut over the 'y' of Queensrÿche or the o of Motörhead.

Anyway around this other than modifying the tags?

Strange. I have >1500 mp3's with embedded artwork, all of them 500x500 px, biggest is 700-800 kb. All are displayed correctly. All artwork is embedded with mp3Tag (freeware).

I said in my previous post i had a problem with displaying non-embedded artwork thumbnails downloaded on-the-fly (long press artwork area in PA). Main PA screen shows and remembers selected artwork, but album thumbnail keeps showing another.

I assume the album thumbnails use the embedded art, whereas the downloaded is saved elsewhere.

Would be nice if there was an option to save the selected downloaded art, ie replace the embedded with the selected one. Or is that there already somewhere?

I know there are other priorities, but as someone has reminded, Max you were meant to include dynamic music info (metadata), instead of the static one, which is a complete waste of space. I do not want to see the sampling rate or format every time. Can you just, as agreed long time ago, include dynamic info, such as album, genre, year, producer, composer...etc, if available? This is not a time-consuming task.

Likewise, could you please include time (and battery level) when option when Poweramp is played in full screen (Hide Status Bar).

Hey, wonderful beta!

But I experienced one issue with the queue:

When I play my playlist and, during playing the playlist, search for a song to add it to my queue, the player will start the song in the queue after the song from the playlist ended, but will not return to the playlist after the song in the queue has ended. The player gives me the following message instead: "Failed to play, no files available in selected list"

I have also enable the return to playlist in the option menue...

Anyone else experiencing this issue, or is anyone able to reproduce it?

Moreover, is it btw possible JUST to search the playlist or a folder? When I press on "Search" or hold the menue button, it always opens the window to search the whole song database... is this intended? Will there be an option to choose whether to search all songs or just those in the folder/playlist?

EDIT: I just found the "filter" option to search the playlist ;) WOW!

Ww were promised search function will be improved in version 2, but in my opinion, this is not the case. First, there should be a dedicated button (not combination of button tappings) for that on the main screen and this should allow me to directly browse by artist, genre, title, year... Instead, there are several buttons, which are not that often used.

Archived