When will 2.0 be released??? - I want it now ;)

Seriously? In the last year I ve watched Poweramp go from an app Noone heard of to the most feature packed player on the market! And a dev who listens to and implements user requests!

Be patient or develop it yourself...

Are you bloody stupid? I paid for the software and then I have develop it myself? Get a life!

Can I ask what definition of Summer you use? In the UK September is still classed as Summer.

By the way is it "individual development ventures" you deplore or release slip? The latter is not necessarily unique to individual development projects (Android itself isn't exactly known for it's early release dates). For the record there's not much wrong with the current version so it's not as if we're waiting for that "killer" bug fix and if it slips 1-2 months so be it, I'm not having to pay for it so I'll wait as long as is needed.

Finally nearly every development gives a vague ETA, god forbid an actual date was given, you'd be on here quoting the date and marking how many days the release had slipped!

Your response was not rude, hence I shall respond accordingly, contrary to the previous poster. Summer, as defined and I quote an extract from Wikipidia is "According to meteorologists, summer extends for the whole months of June, July, and August in the northern hemisphere and the whole months of December, January, and February in the southern hemisphere". I am certain you agree that there are four seasons in a year (12 months, which equates 3 per season - considerations whether personal or collective are another matter!).

Given that typically, the beta is released at least five days before the final release, this won't happen in summer, as I said before!

Even Max tries to slip it beyond the summer season, by trying to release the beat only by the end of August and this is yet to be seen:

Thanks for the attention on 2.0 progress, I'm quiet as I don't have time and resources for a forum currently, as Poweramp v2.0 development continues.

ETA for beta is August. Some non-essential planned features are deferred (v2.x+ releases) to make Poweramp v2.0 release a reality.

Additional skins and skin SDK will take additional time, full market release will be when these are done.

Rather than individual developers, true, I deplore more the slip.

I am sorry to disagree with you; not every developer gives vague ETA's. Rather, they provide an estimated timeframe and hence it is referred to as ETA. Consequently, they keep their customers informed when this timeframe cannot be met. This avoid rumours and thread like this one!

If you are prepared to wait 1-2 or 12 months that is your choice, I am not! It is not merely about the wait, but the poor or lack of adequate support. You post questions and these are not answered! Worst yet, they are deliberately ignored under the pretence of being dealt with by one individual. For a developer ranking top 10, the revenue warrants hiring support staff!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to agree. I bought Poweramp *just* for 2.0 The developer max has however maintained us informed as of late. I do have to say yes, for the money he is making, he should get some development support so he can actually deliver to the consumer. According to cnet Poweramp has been surpassed by playerpro in all aspects since April. Max needs to step it up.

Kids kids... will you please give the man some time? And as mikeGain says... we are not waiting for that killer bug fix, without which Poweramp is rendered useless. Poweramp, IMHO, has way better features than even the iPod app on Apple devices.

@Ottoman: Quoting Wikipedia on the definition of Summer??? Grow up, will you? You paid for Poweramp because you thought it was good/worth the money/better than competition/whatever. But you've paid for it. And you've paid for an application whose developer is providing you with unlimited support. Be grateful for the effort that goes into updates. He's not bound to provide you with updates or attend to your unreasonable and unrelated feature requests.

Whether Max needs to increase resources for handling development or respond on forums is not (y)our concern. Frankly, I believe he's better off not responding to your pessimistic and arrogant posts. With regards to providing information on release dates, he has been updating the same on the forum.

PS: Looking at all your old posts, I couldn't help but tell this to you. Please stop looking forward to pick a quarrel with the world!!! However, I am not even going to respond to your retaliation, so you can talk to the hand if it pleases you.

Quite frankly awinash, for someone posting "...with waiting for a project like Poweramp v2.0, it's the disappointment that is hard to deal with.." and coming with this response shows how thick you are, since my post derived from disappointment not only for the release delay but for the poor support.

You ask me to give the man some time, yet before you were moaning "C'mon Max. We understand the pressure on you is building. But give us somethin' to shut us up. At least a date." So, did you get the date? Had he been updating the forum regarding the next release, you wouldn’t be making the earlier statement: do you realise the stupidity of your post? Share the date with us! You're really pathetic!

You talk about arrogance, yet you proclaim that Poweramp, with no ability to browse is better than an iPod on any Apple device? That’s more unwise than to quote Wikipedia! You’re just mental!

The difference between you and the rest of us is that you have no life and spend all the time on this forum, as you stated yourself "I keep checking everyday": get a life!

What do you mean by he is not bound to provide you with updates? Have you ever read any software EULA??!!!

Your opinion is anything but humble, so refrain from stating IMHO!

There is no bigger kid than you; unfortunately you cannot grow up anymore!

Maxmpz, it's summer! Don't forget to take some lazy weeks and to enjoy the sun before the autumn and the winter come.

And please: can you wait until next year with the release just to despite ottoman?

Funny guy yet pathetic! I don't look forward to version 2, you idiot, just for support!

Well it won't be making August, that's for sure.

That's what I said....more people are required to support the project and provide support to the users!

If you need support Ottoman, try emailing the dev, max. He always responds on time etc in there. Forums are for looking for eta, etc and that has been provided before. Please if you have any issues contact max. Stop babbling nonsense in this thread.

Well it won't be making August, that's for sure.

That's what I said....more people are required to support the project and provide support to the users!

If you need support Ottoman, try emailing the dev, max. He always responds on time etc in there. Forums are for looking for eta, etc and that has been provided before. Please if you have any issues contact max. Stop babbling nonsense in this thread.

There is nothing more nonsensical than your response; if forums are ETA, don't you realise that is what is being sought in this thread on this forum???!!! So, if the ETA has been provided what is it? I have already contacted him to no avail! If e-mail was the solution, such a thread would not exist on this forum.

ETA is currently about a month from now. There is a sticky thread with the details. As for nonsense, maybe my comment wasn't as coherent as it should be, but english is not my main language. Up till now your only issue has been no support. But if you contact support because you aren't getting support then you won't get any. Most if not all problems and bugs you will ever encounter are always on the phone's software, not the actual app. So there you go. I answered most of your bickering. If you still have problems, do a factory reset. If it persists after that, then send your phone to warranty, or flash a custom firmware.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Great news!

Excuse me for posting this on totally wrong section, but i tried posting it in the bugs section only to be prompted that "an admin has to aprove my message" and my account got deleted 2-3 days after that for no reason.

I bought Poweramp months ago and i love it. However i tried to reduce my music library's size, by converting my mobile songs to m4a (HEAAC 64KBps, artwork embedded) using NeroAACEncoder. Poweramp now refuses to playback the songs showing a "cannot play file" error in every m4a file. Those files do playback correctly with the stock music app and competitor apps as well, but not in Poweramp.

I'm on a Huawei Ideos x5 (U8800), running MIUI under android 2.3.5

Thanks for your work and i hope this post goes through this time.

Well, its the last day of September. Any updates Max? Please tell us we have a beta to rock today! ;)

Btw; not one of my posts in the last few months has ever appeared on the forums. What is wrong? This is starting to become a frustrating mystery.. not a single one of probably 20 of my posts have ever appeared. Anyone? Mods?

Archived