PowerAMP v1.4 build-368

admin

Download:

http://powerampapp.com/download-poweramp/

This release will be published on Market soon.

New in this release:

- configurable crossfade (Settings => Fade, Crossfade, and Gapless). Can be enabled just for non-gapless tracks, for all tracks, for manual and/or automatic track navigation

- configurable fade in/out for play/pause/stop/seek/track change

- PowerAMP now supports true gapless for mp3 (other formats were already gapless in PowerAMP) - LAME and iTunes gapless tags are supported

- optional in/out silence remover for non-gapless tracks

- .cue file support (.cue files are shown as virtual folders in PowerAMP Folders list). .cue tracks can be added independently to playlists and queue

- repeat queue mode

- new Genre/Albums list

- queue start/return to queue options (immediately, after song, after album/playlist/folder, etc.) (Settings => Auto-Advance And Queue)

- PowerAMP now supports settings backup/auto-restore to/from cloud (Android 2.2+ devices, should be activated in Android Settings => Privacy)

- equalizer presets mass assignment (to current folder/playlist/album/artist/etc.)

- equalizer preset unassignment (in preset menu)

- option to restore built-in Equ presets (Settings => Advanced Tweaks => Restore Equalizer Built-in Presets)

- option to show undivided .cue audio files (Settings => Advanced Folders Options)

- option to show filenames instead of title tags in folders/folder playlists (Settings => Advanced Folder Options)

- user created playlists now can be re-sorted (by title/album/artist/random/etc.)

- new help

- native wavpack decoder for .wv/.iso.wv

Bug fixes:

- fixed issue with Genres in queue

- fixed auto-advance/queue issue

-

Hi Max,

Thanks a lot for the wonderful support. The crossfade option is just fantastic and works flawlessly. I use a HTC Desire(Bravo). The crossfade option on manual track change is a very nice touch. Hopefully the actual release can see a higher crossfade length (probably 20000ms). Also, could you please update your TODO list, just so we know what to expect from you?

Poweramp rocks!!! Keep up the great work.

Cheers,

Awinash

Hi,

thanks for the feedback. Yes, it's possible to make it 20 000ms, though note that while crossfading happens, cpu and battery is taxed (due to the 2 files decoded) for the crossfade time.

TODO will be updated shortly, as the next version (after 1.4) will be 2.0.

Thanks!

Hey.

Great job with the gapless!Just a small error, in the Settings menu, you mispelled silence ("sillince") in the blurb for Fade/Crossfade/Gapless portion.

Just wanted to know, when this build will hit the market?

Other than that, thanks again! now that I have gapless, I can sell my iPod. :D

I'm unable to download version 1.4 apk file on my Galaxy S. The download manager says that the content is not supported on my phone. I downloaded 1.2 and 1.3 apk files ok. Should i wait for official release? Keep up the good work, Poweramp must be the best value and best supported piece of software out there.

How do i find the "virtual cue folders"?

In the settings i've set "Show .CUE Source Files" to be on, but when i go to flat I can't see any of the virtual folders. Flat says "Data is not available" (when the CUE setting is on, when its off it'll show my music), and Hierachy shows my music as normally, but no virtual folders. In the Library I can see the albums, but as a single file only.

chreddy

.cues are recognized automatically (if recognized) and are represented as usual folders in Folders, but with the .cue icon next to them.

Show .cue source files option actually means show the big undivided "image" file, it's not necessary to have this option to be enabled for cues to appear.

Thanks!

Oh okay, must have misunderstood something then. However, I've turned "Show .cue source files" off now, but I still don't see any virtual folders or any .cue icon.

I am 100% sure I've got the cue files on my SD Card.

EDIT: Nevermind, the cue files is there now. Don't know what I did to make them appear. But they're there now, so everythings good! :)

Thanks for your great support.

1.4 runs flawless for me. Gapless and crossover are some wonderful additions and work as expected.

Did you do some kind of "magic trick" to the EQ? This seems to sound much better now with my bluetooth headset on my Milestone. No distortion anymore... :)

Now there are only 2 things that I am missing. Bookmark support for audiobooks and a possibility to pitch the tracks...

I'm unable to download version 1.4 apk file on my Galaxy S. The download manager says that the content is not supported on my phone. I downloaded 1.2 and 1.3 apk files ok. Should i wait for official release? Keep up the good work, Poweramp must be the best value and best supported piece of software out there.

I experience the same issue.

Any answer on this?

Thx, Rafy.

rafycat

Try to directly open this link in phone browser (or open this forum post page, then press link).

Or download it to computer first.

Anyway, v1.4 is expected on market on 1-2 days.

Thanks!

rafycat

Try to directly open this link in phone browser (or open this forum post page, then press link).

Or download it to computer first.

Anyway, v1.4 is expected on market in 1-2 days.

Thanks!

Thanks Max......I was using the default phone browser, however I tried it in Firefox 4 (the mobile version) and it worked fine.

Really glad I can now assign EQ settings to a folder as opposed to per song :-)

Hi Maxim,

Sorry to send this to you in this forum. Very impressive app and development story. I am trying to get in contact with you to discuss high-volume licensing of Poweramp for distribution with other Android apps in a bundle we are developing for new Android Tablet's. Can you please send me an email with your email contact information so I can provide specifics? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

I upgraded and lost all the Album Arts that I had chosen on the previous version... did I do something wrong?

Alos I am unable to choose album art now.

Anyone else facing this issue? Max?

aelyafbi

This can happen if you uninstall PowerAMP (prior to updating it). Android installer then will clean everything left by PowerAMP, including album art cache on sd card.

Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Very nice update, thank you!

WavPack support is what i was waiting for. I can start converting my lossless collection to hybrid lossless format finally. :)

I'm embedding cover art with mp3tag (APEv1 format), but Poweramp doesn't display covers from .wv files. Am i doing something wrong or Poweramp can't handle covers in this file type? Also is it normal that embedded CUE data is not recognized? I've some gapeless albums which i prefer to encode in one big file and use a CUE file. CUE is only recognized if it's available next the audio file but not inside tags.

Archived