Album art tag being completely wrong and causing Poweramp to crash

I'm using 2.0.10-build-588. I have no idea how this is even happening. It makes no sense. There's this one album that shows the wrong album art. I don't even know where Poweramp is finding this picture because it's not in the tags that I specifically made to have a specific album art. Where the hell could it be getting this album art? It doesn't exist on the file. It previously existed, but there's no excuse or fathomable reason for it to display anything other than what I specifically put in the tags. I have deleted the album art cache, I have full rescanned, renamed the files, completely reencoded this album, where THE **** is this picture even coming from? Brand new, freshly encoded mp3s and it's still pulling an image that shouldn't exist out of its ***. The download album art feature is not enabled. It's not even the artwork file I'm using because a different album displays the correct image when both albums are using the same file. I have no image files in my music folder, all this is in the mp3 tags. So then, when I hold down on the album art where you normally get the option to set the album art, Poweramp crashes.

As I was typing this, the album art finally updated. The last thing I tried was to change the actual album name in the mp3 tag, something I shouldn't have to do. Why should I have to compromise and add an extra space or change the album name AT ALL just for Poweramp to work properly. I specifically had the album name without an extra space that doesn't belong, but somehow changing it got Poweramp to stop being stupid. Meanwhile I have waited FOREVER numerous times to do full rescans only for it to be finished scanning WITHOUT EVEN FINDING ALL MY FILES, so I have to constantly rescan again and again just so Poweramp does its job. Why the **** would it finish scanning when there are clearly more files to add to the library? I payed for this app...and I have to constantly deal with this stupid ****, but this album art tag problem took the cake for the worst level of incompetence I have ever witnessed out of Poweramp.

Go figure, the album art problem goes away but now I am still doing full rescans over and over again till entire artists that are missing from my library reappear.

Probably best to do a clean install, as all the messing around you've done may well have left all sorts of remnants everywhere. Make sure the Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer folder has been fully removed when you uninstall. Oh, and chill, it's only a picture!

Andre

• 1 month later...

I did a clean install and have the same problem. I have album art that has absolutely no relation to the album it has attached itself to. I did not edit any tags. These were not downloads they were from ripped CD's on my computer. BTW I am chilled but when I buy an app I would like it to work. Thanks.

If there is no embedded artwork in your song files, or a cover image JPEG in the album folder, PA will need to look online for images which match the Title & Artist/Album tags within your song files, and it will download and display whatever it thinks is a good match. This is of course not an exact science, and gets trickier the more obscure the titles.

You can turn this feature off in Settings > Album Art (and you might want to delete the cached images too after you have changed the setting). You can also manually override the discovered artwork on a per-song basis by long-pressing on the cover artwork that is shown in the Player screen and choosing something else. Of course, the best and most permanent solution is to embed the exact images that you want into the physical song files while you RIP the CD, or afterwards using a tag editor.

See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected for more details on how the displayed artwork is chosen and prioritised.

Andre

Archived