Song and album history

Would be really nice to have a history of songs and albums I've played. I tend to listen to the same few albums over the course of a week and this would make it much easier to switch back and forth

Thanks!

Daniel

Ps.. Great software! Can't wait for v3!!!

• 1 year later...

I second this. I have a large library of songs (2,000+) and i occasionally come acrossa fantastic song but forget the name so i can't add it to a playlist. It would be indispensable to have a history function so i could look back at the songs i have played by date and then add them to a playlist.

1 hour ago, Al_Pa said:

Well that is what i was looking for; couldn't find it. All I can find is 'recently added'. Do you have to enable it in settings ?

Yes, in Poweramp v3 you can select which categories are shown in the Library view, and by default Recently Played is not enabled. Go to the main library screen and tap the menu icon (three dots) then List Options to change the settings.

Andre 

33 minutes ago, Al_Pa said:

Ah well that is the problem ! I only have version 3. Google play says i am up-to-date. How do i get version 3 ? I have the full version license.

You can get latest v3 beta releases from the Downloads tab at the top of the page. That library view is also available in v2 though, using same method to access the Library List Options.

Andre

I have found the option after a bit of searching. Unfortunately it doesn't record the date \ time the songs were played so I can identify the song.

So why is version 3 not available via Google Play if it official ?

2 hours ago, Al_Pa said:

I have found the option after a bit of searching. Unfortunately it doesn't record the date \ time the songs were played so I can identify the song.

So why is version 3 not available via Google Play if it official ?

v3 is in beta testing, but you can enable that for automatic downloaded via the Play Store if you wish - see https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.maxmpz.audioplayer

Andre 

When do you expect v3 to be out of beta testing ?

Is there a way to see the date & time entries in the 'recently played' list were added ? This would be invaluable as I know when I played the song but not what the song name was (I have many Latin tunes).

v3 will be released officially via the Play Store once Max is happy all the significant bugs are eliminated. It's at Release Candidate stage, so hopefully not too long now.

The Recently Played list does not display any time/date info, but it is sorted (by default) with the most recently played item at the top of the list so the information must be saved internally - maybe Max can add that detail at some stage in the future?

Andre

That would be an excellent feature to add and not too much effort I would think as obviously this information must be stored against each entry in order to sort the list. Maybe it can be added to version 3 ?

As I have said I have a large library of latin music, sung in Spanish, and therefore you don't always know or remember the name of a new track. I can remember when I listed to it  but without a date and time stamp it is very hard to identify.

I have used this app exclusively for years as in my opinion it is the best in the market - I look forward to version 3's release.

Archived