Plays All Songs When Nothing in Queue

w3wilkes

When in my car and phone connected via Bluetooth and nothing in the queue or the end of what's queued is reached PA plays All Songs in the order they show in All Songs. How do I stop this? I don't want anything to play if there's nothing in the queue or the end of the queue has been reached!

Yes, both Resume on Bluetooth and Resume on headset are not checked. I want to be able to clear what's playing even if it's not in the queue! I can't believe that this is something that can't be done.

Enqueue is only designed to temporarily pause normal playback to order listen to a few specific items  of your choice, it should not really be your regular playback mode. When you want to change the current playback to a different album for example, just go into the library, choose Albums mode, and drill down to choose a new song to start playing. You can control the way the queue end functions in Settings > Folders and Library > Queue (including stopping playback at the end of the queue if you want).

If you use Search, PA will switch into All Songs list mode by the way, which may be how you are getting into that mode. But normally it should stick in the playback mode you have chosen, and return to that position & mode when the temporarily queued tracks have finshed.

Andre

Auto advance from queue is not checked, but it just goes to all songs when the queue is depleted.

After you saying the Enqueue isn't normal playback, I need some help! When I take a drive to Southern Utah from Northern Utah which is about the same as from Hamburg to Munich I like to set up a few albums to play. I go to Library -> Albums (sorted by Artist) and Equeue the albums I want to listen to for the drive. How would you go about setting up about six chosen albums to play in uninterrupted sequence normally? I use this same method when I mow and edge the lawn (about a 3 hour job).

If Enqueue isn't the "normal" way to create a set for us "old school album listeners", then what is?

Enqueue is a very suitable method for what you describe, which is to create a temporary play order for a few tracks (or albums in this case) for a one-off playback sequence. Once that queue is finished, Poweramp should return to normal playback in whatever mode you were originally listening (e.g. Albums, Artists, Folders, or All Songs). PA has to have 'something' as its focused track, it is never completely blank, but if you disable that Auto-Advance from queue option then it should not start actually playing after the queue, merely return to the last position prior to starting the queue.

Another option would be to create a playlist, but unless you disable the main 'Advance List' option in the player screen and turn Repeat to Off, that would have the same problem in that it would start playing the next playlist when the current one is complete. For such one-off use though, the queue does seem most appropriate I'd have thought.

Andre

Archived