Hello,

I'm having some issues with the usable range of volume. It's like the app is much too quiet from 0-80% of the slider, then from 85-100% it's too loud. I have to fiddle around with a very narrow slice of the volume bar to get it to sound ok. One millimeter off and it's too loud or too quiet.

I'm running Android 7.1.2 on a Pixel, with the latest app version.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Hi,

i've gotten the same problems as you have after upgrading my firmware to Android 6.0.1 Marshmellow. The app worked fine in Android Kitkat and previous firmwares. Although Ive given a report to the developers they do not seem to be fixing the problem or at least delivering a statement on whether they are working on it or not. Hopefully this problem will be solved ASAP.

I downloaded the v2 alpha version, but to my disappointment it still didn't solve the issue. Just some additional information, other music players do not display this problem. Ive noticed that it the issue is mainly related to the bass levels in the app. Doesnt give out solid and clear bass like before. However all the other features are working fine as far as I can see

Thanks!

On 6/9/2017 at 6:43 PM, cristi.neagu said:

This issue is just ridiculous. It reduces the usable range of the volume slider to 2-3%.

Cristi, since a fix has not been released by the developers I have found a temporary solution to suppress this problem. What you need to get is 2 applications from play store, namely: Bass booster and Speaker booster. These will allow you to operate Poweramp as of normally as the problem noted is the bass issue with Poweramp combined with its usable range of volumes. I have been using this combination of apps for around 3 weeks now and it does help the issue at hand. I shall provide you  further details are required to help you with this matter.

Bass Booster by Desaxed Studios

Speaker Booster by Omega Centauri Software

Hope this works and if there are any issues please feel free to contact me on this forum.

Cheers!

Archived