HOW TO CONTACT Poweramp?

SomeBloke

I purchased Poweramp yesterday through the website, because obviously no reasonable person would trust Google with their payment information. I had downloaded the free trial from the store a couple weeks prior, and decided to buy it. The app unlocked and everything was just fine. Until I loaded it up today. It had forgotten that I paid for it and needed me to reinstall. So, I uninstalled it, installed the APK off the website, and went to go restore my purchase. But the "website" option is greyed out, and the "get support" option doesn't work. At the top, it says, "License Check Pending."

So, my question to you is what is the direct phone number to contact Poweramp? I know you guys can't help me in any other way, so don't bother asking questions about what I've tried or suggest that I do this or that. I need to speak to the billing department at Poweramp directly, and I need a method of contacting them so that they can fix my problem. I will not pay for the software twice, and I will not eat the money after only one use of the app. If I haven't spoken to them tonight about this, I will have no choice but to pursue other options to get my money back. I thank you in advance for providing me with the phone number I've asked for.

Now it won't eve  start because it's telling me it failed to verify the license every time I start the app. IF I DON'T HAVE THEIR DIRECT PHONE NUMBER BY THE TIME i GO TO BED TONIGHT, I AM SUING THE COMPANY TO RECOVER MY MONEY, AND ALL MONEY SPENT ON LEGAL FEES, AND ALL MONEY LOST DUE TO THE TIME SPENT!!

If you have a problem with license verification, first please check the FAQs (e.g. http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323557-is-internet-connection-required )

If that does not resolve your problem, please email Poweramp.maxmpz@gmail.com to discuss user-account specific information.

Have a nice sleep (I have no idea what your bedtime is).

[Duplicate thread removed, and moved this one to a more relevant forum as it is not related to alpha-testing of Poweramp v3]

Andre

I've contacted my credit card company and they have agreed that Poweramp is a scam, and are charging them back. I've also filed a complaint with the BBB, and hopefully I won't have to contact an attorney. However, they do have an A+ rating with the BBB in spite of being a scam, so it's looking like a lawsuit might be inevitable, since they're bribing the BBB. Then again, if I sued every scam that bribed the BBB for a better grade, I'd never be out of court.

Seriously, do not ever pay for this app. Probably ANY app, actually. Always be wary of paying for software whose license can be revoked electronically. But, definitely this app IS a verified scam, so stay away.

Well, I've been reading up on the subject and it seems I can root the device, using such apps as KingRoot, and then install something called [****], which can then remove the license requirements, and restore my app to working conditions. Considering the questionable legality on the subject, I won't explain any further, but if you've been scammed by Poweramp, it's certainly worth looking into to restore your app to working order. Hell, I would have no moral qualms with doing it even if I HADN'T been scammed by them, knowing what I know now about how they're a scam. However, I couldn't recommend using this method for legitimate paid apps that actually provide what you pay for. Do with this information what you will.

Not going to bother answering your tirade of insults further than to say that there are several million happy (paid up) users of Poweramp and it is widely regarded as one of the best music apps on the market. You were also given a first response to your query here within about 30 minutes of your posting the issue, so good luck with finding better support elsewhere if that is your definition of a scam. Poweramp is developed by a single person, not a company, incidentally.

If you are determined to be unhappy, and unwilling do anything to help yourself other than by trolling about finding a pirate copy then there's obviously nothing anyone here can do for you. And as you appear to have resolved your problem, any further unsubstantiated rants with no useful content will be deleted.

Andre

Archived