• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   04/24/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It is hoped this will be ready for final beta-testing by the end of the May/early June. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Geirge

Album art not downloading automatically

8 posts in this topic

Yes i know there are a lot of topics regarding that issue but i don't seem to find a solution, album art isn't downloading and it wasn't doing so in the last version, i know that on some music the tags could be missing , but not on all 920 tracks

Lenovo Vibe V2

lolipop 5.0

If you long-press on the album art area, do you see any artwork choices then? (I('m assuming you already have the relevant options turned on in Settings > Album Art)

Andre

5 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

If you long-press on the album art area, do you see any artwork choices then? (I('m assuming you already have the relevant options turned on in Settings > Album Art)

Andre

yes i am able to pick them manually, and yes automatic download is check'd

Ok i managed it to work for a little amount of time, when i move all the music in other folder untill the scan is performed automatic album art is applied, but only for 30-40 songs as i press next and next, after that it just doesn't work and i have to move all my music in another folder

1 hour ago, Geirge said:

Ok i managed it to work for a little amount of time, when i move all the music in other folder untill the scan is performed automatic album art is applied, but only for 30-40 songs as i press next and next, after that it just doesn't work and i have to move all my music in another folder

i've made a video to show the process, the trouble begins at 3:58, after that, judging by the internet traffic arts are downloaded but not applied

https://www.dropbox.com/s/n88w35eh64ouard/2017_05_23_09_29_57.webm?dl=0

Your video shows a short delay and shows arts but not the right ones. This auto download thing does not give best arts that I can see. I had to manually change a lot of mine because of this. I really think it should be fixed to auto download square album art. I have the same issue and it is the way it just downloads any kind of art to the phone, if you have the option to take the one from album art from album folders. If you use a good music player on computer like MusicBee, you can have album art added to the folder of album, and then set for preferred album art stored in folder instead of downloaded ones. I like to have the whole album art filled with no gaps on sides or top or bottom, like you show yours in your video.