Will I be able to use high res audio?

dwang040

Hopefully, I explain my question well, but basically, I'm thinking about updating my software for my phone again. Currently, I have an HTC m9 (which does support high res, however, I am also using a custom rom which is viperOneM9). Currently, I'm using v4.3.0 which I believe is running android 6.0. The last time I updated, it was for viperOneM9 v5.3.0, and for some reason, selecting the high res audio in Poweramp would cause my phone to lag and crash. Also, if I loaded a video or used another music player, no audio would play unless I turned off the high res option in Poweramp. It's been a while (maybe 6-12months?) and well, it's around that time where I like to clean off my whole phone to fully remove unwanted junk and maybe speed up my phone a bit. And because of that, i'm wondering if I should update to ViperOneM9 6.1.0 which is running android 7.0. Will high res audio work? Or will it just crash my phone like viperOneM9 v5.3.0?

Thanks. If you need more info regarding roms and all that, just ask and hopefully, I can provide accurate info. 

Alright. Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure what the exact version is since it just says android7.0.x. But here is the rom and kernel information. I think it should work. But if not, I'll just wait for the next beta release. 

fa128a98a4.png

Archived