Sorting songs by Date Descending

wyattbiker

Just upgraded to Moto 5G Plus which uses Android Nougat 

I have all my songs in a single folder on the external SSD. However I cannot sort them in Date/Descending order. They only show up Date/Ascending. Ive tried restarting but nothing. Any ideas? This is the paid app.

You should be able to use Menu > List Options in the library songs view and then tick the 'reverse' box, with Date as the main sort order, but it has been pointed out that this is not always very reliable for longer lists. This defaults to sorting by the date ADDED to Poweramp's library, so if you want to use filesystem time/date stamp sorting, also tick Poweramp Settings > Folders and Library > Lists > Set By Filesystem Date/Time.

Andre

• 3 weeks later...

It will definitely produce odd results if you don't have the Filesystem setting enabled. Without that, all of the songs which were originally scanned when you first installed the app (or last did a Full Rescan) will have the same (and oldest) 'Date Added' value. Thus newer stuff will show neatly in date-added order at the top of the regular ordering list, while all the oldest stuff will all be in one date-block at the end. This is not helpful with reverse date ordering of course, as there's no way to sort all those originally-scanned items separately.

Andre

Archived