Poweramp for iOS

In general terms, iOS is - by design - not very friendly towards file-management tasks which are trivial for Android and Windows. You can't simply plug your iPhone into a computer with a USB cable and drag 10,000 audio files into any folder of your choosing on your phone. iPhones also don't support SD Cards, making the process of managing local music even harder.

Sadly Google is pushing in that direction too, but so far it is still possible to have access to your own files on your own device. 

Andre

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@andrewilley Exactly, I listen to Lossless FLAC file on my Poweramp and I simply copy the Music Files from my Windows PC to my Phone and the files/folders show up in the same way inside folders like how I had copied them. In an iPhone even if copy via iTunes or iCloud they, still show up on Apple Music and any operation of explicit copy/paste isn't possible plus iPhone doesn't support multiple file formats and Bluetooth codecs.

I would be infuriated if Google does something like that and they would completely loose their tag of being friendly over iOS

Edited by Yash O

2 hours ago, Yash O said:

Exactly, I listen to Lossless FLAC file on my Poweramp and I simply copy the Music Files from my Windows PC to my Phone and the files/folders show up in the same way inside folders like how I had copied them. In an iPhone even if copy via iTunes or iCloud they, still show up on Apple Music and any operation of explicit copy/paste isn't possible plus iPhone doesn't support multiple file formats and Bluetooth codecs.

I would be infuriated if Google does something like that and they would completely loose their tag of being friendly over iOS

An IOS App can have its' own folder within the file manager, if the app developer chooses to use this method. These files are not typically available to the Apple Music app. You do need to use iTunes and connect your phone. You can then use the files manager to drag folders/files into that location. Foobar Mobile does this, as do a few others that have an IOS version. This is the only way to get FLAC and other unsupported music file formats onto an iPhone.

The bigger problem will be storage space for many. There is no reliable external storage options, certainly not with anything that is compact and portable like an Android phone with a microSD card. The highest capacity iPhone12 was 256GB. But I guess if you have the budget, you can now get the iPhone13 Pro with a 1TB capacity - just a little over $2k here in Canada.🙃

All irrelevant here if Poweramp is not planned for a port any time soon.

9 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

An IOS App can have its' own folder within the file manager, if the app developer chooses to use this method. These files are not typically available to the Apple Music app. You do need to use iTunes and connect your phone. You can then use the files manager to drag folders/files into that location. Foobar Mobile does this, as do a few others that have an IOS version. This is the only way to get FLAC and other unsupported music file formats onto an iPhone.

The bigger problem will be storage space for many. There is no reliable external storage options, certainly not with anything that is compact and portable like an Android phone with a microSD card. The highest capacity iPhone12 was 256GB. But I guess if you have the budget, you can now get the iPhone13 Pro with a 1TB capacity - just a little over $2k here in Canada.🙃

All irrelevant here if Poweramp is not planned for a port any time soon.

Hmm I dont beleive iOS gives permissions for the developers to make their App detect. Maybe Andre can give an answer to this...

19 minutes ago, MotleyG said:

An example screenshot from iTunes. This is where you drag your folders/file to, or use the add folder button. Again Foobar2000 example but is done by others as well. Onkyo HF Player, HiBy Music, and others that support FLAC do it this way.

index.php?action=dlattach;attach=18777;image 

Yeah I know this, I suffered with my iPhone 11 for a year and a half rather by following these methods

8 hours ago, maxmp said:

@Yash O I guess some other solutions for this (pretty messy, but it works) file access are possible, such as: cloud storages support or access to the music collection via usb-connection (Chrome only) or wifi through the browser.

Yeah pretty messy solutions..

• 4 months later...

Honestly, Poweramp is the main reason I have stayed on android. I have made over 10 musicians install it especially for the Bass. Nothing matches it., NOTHING and trust me I have tried over 6 of them. But now I am compelled to move to iPhone. I am even considering having 2 phones, one for music and one communication. If only we could get one for iPhone even if you charged 10x the amount, I would still buy it. 
Please consider sir. I am a developer myself, I know how hard it can be,  but just try please.