Poweramp for iOS

I bought it on android.it's absolutely the best and the most superior music player on the planet.it's been my default player for years.

when i moved to iphone.i miss it.i have tried many players like Vox,Captune,Boom,Marvis,etc.paid and free apps on iOS.they are ok,just ok,some of them even worst and like craps and of course none of them equal to Poweramp.

please develop Poweramp for iOS

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Poweramp is, and will remain for the foreseeable future, an Android app. There is only one developer on this project, and his hands are completely full with Android development. Sadly that's what you get for moving to the 'dark side'.

Andre

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Which bit of the earlier replies was unclear?

To clarify: there are NO plans in the forseeable future to make an iOS version of Poweramp.

There is only one developer, and his time is fully taken up with work on the existing Android product.

Sorry if this isn't the answer you want to hear - perhaps you might consider getting an Android phone instead of an iPhone?

Andre  

• 2 weeks later...

As a devoted Android user, I actually support this request.

I'd speculate that maxmp would have to hire hire a developer for the initial iOS 'port' before continuing with the source code. Just speculation of the behind the scenes development, I have no idea.

I also think that iOS would be a lot more limited in terms of API compared to Android, so there would be gaps in particular Android features on theApple version. Still, money wise, maxmp would only stand to profit from a splintered off venture such as an iOS version.

• 1 month later...
On 3/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, haddy said:

As a devoted Android user, I actually support this request.

I'd speculate that maxmp would have to hire hire a developer for the initial iOS 'port' before continuing with the source code. Just speculation of the behind the scenes development, I have no idea.

I also think that iOS would be a lot more limited in terms of API compared to Android, so there would be gaps in particular Android features on theApple version. Still, money wise, maxmp would only stand to profit from a splintered off venture such as an iOS version.

I use Poweramp and neutron both on Android and Windows. Poweramp of course limited to Android.  Neutron I own on iOS cuz I have owned iphones in the past and neutron is probably the single most useful music player to me on ios being an audiophile/bass head.  That said Neutron for iOS has zero competition...It does not miss a beat whatsoever from the Android version nor the Windows version.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/11/2020 at 5:07 PM, nate0 said:

I use Poweramp and neutron both on Android and Windows. Poweramp of course limited to Android.  Neutron I own on iOS cuz I have owned iphones in the past and neutron is probably the single most useful music player to me on ios being an audiophile/bass head.  That said Neutron for iOS has zero competition...It does not miss a beat whatsoever from the Android version nor the Windows version.

Huh... Neutron looks a bit like old school Poweramp too!

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

It's certainly possible, but that doesn't mean it's gonna happen.  Also, I'm fairly certain that the audio engine (the main feature of Poweramp, or at least the most complex) is probably one of the things that can't be ported, in which case, why not just use any of the myriad of other good offline players available for iOS?  

Neutron is using a custom engine on IOS. But just like Android, the UI is extremely basic. And library management isn't great either. I don't believe there are any other Android players that have also done an IOS version, yet. Maybe someday after @maxmp has done everything on the to-do list for Poweramp on Android, an IOS version will arrive. ;)

@MR FAUGLE  Read the article below on why Poweramp will not be on iOS. Apple's philosophy is to control everything on their devices, which will not help Poweramp to thrive in iOS. Do you even realize that you cannot copy your Music Files like MP3/FLAC over to your iPhone and listen to it on an Offline Music player? How do you think will Poweramp survive in a world like that?

https://medium.com/@Poweramp/why-android-is-better-than-ios-Poweramp-f8aceeffc6df

47 minutes ago, Yash O said:

@MR FAUGLE  Read the article below on why Poweramp will not be on iOS. Apple's philosophy is to control everything on their devices, which will not help Poweramp to thrive in iOS. Do you even realize that you cannot copy your Music Files like MP3/FLAC over to your iPhone and listen to it on an Offline Music player? How do you think will Poweramp survive in a world like that?

https://medium.com/@Poweramp/why-android-is-better-than-ios-Poweramp-f8aceeffc6df

It’s pretty trivial to do this, actually…

Not my cup of tea to use iOS for music; I of course stick to Poweramp and NeutronMP on Android.

ALL you do is just drag and drop files (w/ iTunes or Apple Music app, whatever it’s called nowadays) to a local storage folder tied to any application that supports it. Adding files to VLC works in this manner without issue.

Google is/was doing equally annoying storage access shenanigans of late; no platform is perfect, but it’s not as bleak as you might want it to be to make your point that Android > iOS

1 hour ago, Fitzian said:

It’s pretty trivial to do this, actually…

Not my cup of tea to use iOS for music; I of course stick to Poweramp and NeutronMP on Android.

ALL you do is just drag and drop files (w/ iTunes or Apple Music app, whatever it’s called nowadays) to a local storage folder tied to any application that supports it. Adding files to VLC works in this manner without issue.

Google is/was doing equally annoying storage access shenanigans of late; no platform is perfect, but it’s not as bleak as you might want it to be to make your point that Android > iOS

Yeah! I am aware of that iTunes method, but it is quite buggy to the core to sync your Music files and is not an effective method, to either sync to Apple Music or VLC. The iOS doesn't support the detection of MP3/FLAC files when synced or pushed over iCloud or any other method. The only way is to sync your Music Files over to Apple Music and then export it to other Music Players, which isn't in any way an efficient method. Whereas on an Android it's quite easy to transfer our files, just copy/paste on to your phone, just like you would on a USB Stick. No hassles, no additional apps needed. Android>iOS in a functionality standpoint and for giving a user more access to his phone.

Edited by Yash O