Multi Window Support for Android Nougat

Hi all,

This topic is something between bug report and feature repuest.

Can you add fully multi window support for android nougat?

I have an Sony Xperia Z4 Tablet here with Android 7.0 which I mostly use in my car as the entertainment system for the passengers. If I enable multi window in 1/3 - 2/3 Size, Poweramp sticks on Landscape Mode instead of portrait mode. If I force portrait mode, I have to hold my Tablet in Portrait instead of Multi window Landscape. The Screenshots shows that issue really good.

Second thing I mentioned is, that if I'm using the second Window App (in this case: Racing meter for Torque Pro), Poweramp won't refresh his window anymore. The Album Cover, Title Information and the seconds freezes as long as I'm return to use Poweramp. Spotify app and MX Player app doesnt have this problem. They still show the right album cover or play video. This could be useful: https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/ui/multi-window.html (Multi Windows Lifecycle).

I found out, that If the App is software rendered (not GPU Rendered) it might fix the second issue, because with GPU Rendering turned on in the Racing Meter app, it shows the same thing as Poweramp (stucked RPM and Stucked Speed), but I cant force software rendering in Poweramp

Regards

Attachment:

_20170507_232350.JPG

_20170507_232127.JPG

Archived