Folder/ Library view

AbbiPJ

I want to put a bunch of singles  onto my phone . i dont want to see an extra 40 album art covers show up in my list - i tried sticking them in one folder but they all show up as separate on the Poweramp list / library options . any way around this 

If you use Folders view, your 'Singles' folder will just show up as a single item in the list. However that does presume you have all of the rest of your music tidily organised in a neat Artist/Album folder structure too.

If you want to use tag-based viewing, you will need to edit the embedded tags in each song to remove the 'Album' title field. I set the Album field to blank, and set the Album Artist field to "(Singles)". The easiest way to do this initially in one go is to use a batch tag editor on your computer, I use a PC program called TagScanner. Then all of your singles will show in one pseudo-album called (Singles), but the individual tracks will still retain their artwork when you play them (unless you remove the embedded cover art from the files at the same time too of course)

I do both of the above, then I can use any viewing type I want.

Andre

Archived