Annoying problem :   WI FI sound notification how to disable

Ron Wolpa

WI FI sound notification ,  it is not possible to cancel this annoying sound with Andoid 4.4 kit kat -    
As I am used to walk hearing music and all the time the device finds  wifi signals and pings , it annoys me deeply.
I could not find a way to disable this feature ,   it looks like to be a shortcoming of this version of Android.  
I thought I could get rid of this notification by leaving Audio >  Audio Focus >    "Short Audio Focus Change"    unchecked but it has not worked.
Is there any other way to get rid of this problem?

You would need to disable it at an Android level, Poweramp cannot stop the system from providing notifications.

If you can't do that (my KitKat Galaxy Note 3 doesn't do it) then you could either turn the volume of notifications down to zero while you are walking, or perhaps easier to just turn wi-fi off for that period.

Andre

1 hour ago, Ron Wolpa said:

Thank you for answering.
The team who programmed Android should have thought about this.
I Think the only solution is to turn wi-fi off as you say.  

It could very well be an addition that the OEM of your phone added into Android and not specifically Google. What's your brand and model number?

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for answering andrewilley :    I contacted Alcatel , the menu the support people suggested me to disable the notification does not exist on my Android.  They don´t seem to know very well this model.
The only way possible is to disable wifi.  

Unfortunately Alcatel are a rather low-end mass market producer, it does not surprise me their support does not know what their own ROM is doing.

If you are rooted, you could simply remove the relevant notification audio file from the system folder (I did that with my Samsung in order to stop the silly melody it wants to play on power-up). You may find it in /system/media/audio/ui/ (or /notifications/ )

Andre

16 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Unfortunately Alcatel are a rather low-end mass market producer, it does not surprise me their support does not know what their own ROM is doing.

If you are rooted, you could simply remove the relevant notification audio file from the system folder (I did that with my Samsung in order to stop the silly melody it wants to play on power-up). You may find it in /system/media/audio/ui/ (or /notifications/ )

Andre

I can´t root as it is still under warranty and I don´t feel quite confortable with changing things in Android. If something goes wrong I may end up with a bricked phone.
But within some months I will change the device for a Samsung Galaxy which is another story :  I used a borrowed J5 for a month and loved it as I loved its Android as well. 
I installed Poweramp on J5  and the impression I have is that it sounds better than the Motorola I had and the Alcatel I have now .   I am not quite sure ,  it is too subjective to state it sounds better (?)

Archived