Playlist songs disappeared

So i use the star rating system to organize my tracks like most people, i then went into the top rated library and created a playlist to save my 758 songs that i painstakingly reviewed. Some time later i removed the sd card and made some changes but never touching the music folder. When i went back to Poweramp my top rated library was empty, and though the playlist i saved is still there, there are 0 tracks in it. PLEASE tell me i can get my 758 tracks back into a folder! Help someone! ? 

If you operate your device without its SD Card in place, Poweramp will conclude that all of the song files that were previously on it and are now missing have been deleted from storage, and thus it has to clear any references to them from its library database. When the card re-appeared later, PA would have scanned the 'new' songs that it found there back into the library - but as new file items, so not linked to any old database entries (which had already been wiped). This would mean that no songs would possess any ratings, play counts, or could appear in previous memory-based playlists.

I don't suppose you happened to make a backup of your playlists with the Export Playlists feature did you? Or have a backup of the previous Poweramp app data in a nightly Titanium Backup (or similar app)? You can also use an app called New Playlist Manager to save user-defined star ratings back into your music files, and copy them in and out of Poweramp's internal database, and backup Playlists too. Otherwise sadly the loss is irreversible, which I know is not what you want to hear. :(

Andre

Hi André

Yes, i did export the playlists, the two files in the es screenshot (best2016). Do those files contain the necessary information of which 758 songs were in the top rated library? The playlist, called top, was created the same way several years ago (I've been a paid user for years) and it was retained and shows songs inside, what worries me is that the best2016 playlist shows up in the list but says 0 songs inside ?

Screenshot_20170405-223820.png

Screenshot_20170405-224022.png

I've put both of those missing playlist files into all the music/playlist folders, then tried to import (by selected 'import system library playlists', is there another way to import these?)  PA adds one playlist file that's in some song folder somewhere but never the best2016 playlist, so confusing... I didn't do anything differently than last time. Im confused on why PA says the 'top' playlist is a file based playlist and best2016 isn't. Not sure what the difference is. 

Oh wow.. I kept moving things around and importing, and it worked!! I got some of my literally 20 hrs of work back, just have to re-rate the tracks. Thanks Andre! I do hope PA starts to save the star rating, not sure why it doesn't after this long and new versions. 

I love it when people have thought to do backups! Most times when this sort of issue arises there is nothing that can be done.

You don't need to do the 'Import Playlists' command in this case as that merely copies in any Android system playlists (from the stock music app for example) into Poweramp's internal library. Just the action of putting your .M3U8 playlist files into a location that Poweramp can see, and then doing a normal Rescan, should populate the lists as long as the music files are found in their original locations.

Unfortunately ratings are not exported by Poweramp, but in the future you could give the New Playlist Manager a try as that will help.

Andre

Archived