Possibly already exists...a way to determine which playlists a certain song is on

I'm not sure if this feature/ability already exists, but I would find it very useful to be able to determine which playlists (if any) a certain song is on...or 'belongs to'. Perhaps in the 'Info/Tags' metadata for that particular song?

For example, it would be useful if I needed to rename/re-title a song on my laptop, transfer it to my phone, and easily be able to 're-add' it to the same playlists as the previous version. As of now the only way I know how to determine this is to manually scan through each playlist.

Thanks

No, that's not available at present I'm afraid. I agree it would be nice if that was shown in a list at the end of the Info/Tags screen for a song, but I don't know if tracking it back through the database would be an easy task or not (I can't see if being too complex a SQL search).

Andre

tjennings, your idea is interesting but I cannot see how your example could ever work. First of all, renaming the song and copying it back to your device would effectively mean a totally new track and there would be no way to identify the original song on your device using the information of the new track. By copying it back you would recreate a new song id and I guess you would have to delete the original. However, the idea of identifying playlists a particular track may be on, is of useful and I may try and implement this in my app.

Archived