Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

No worries guys, soon we will have message from Max that he need another month to polish some features. I thought that OnePlus is shameless about updates, but nah, you made it 

Or new Samsung.... Or Android P,Q,R etc.

6 hours ago, Seymur993 said:

Hey, Andre! Alot of time past after the last status update from Max. Will we be able to get another one in near future? Thanks!

As soon as I know anything more, I'll post it here.

Better to wait (and wait... ;) ) rather than releasing a test version that Max already knows would not work.

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Better to wait (and wait... ;) ) rather than releasing a test version that Max already knows would not work.

Andre

To be fair, isn't the point of Alpha/Beta testing of the app to release updates to fix errors as they go, this is a beta version not even the final release, with all the new things max is trying to resolve and perfect seems like he is skipping beta and going to the final build of the app

8 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

To be fair, isn't the point of Alpha/Beta testing of the app to release updates to fix errors as they go, this is a beta version not even the final release, with all the new things max is trying to resolve and perfect seems like he is skipping beta and going to the final build of the app

For a perfectionist, there's no such thing as a final release?

In software development terms a beta is a fully featured release after component testing, which means that all bugs the Dev himself finds are fixed at that point. An alpha in comparison is a software version with core functionalities only which is then improved upon in small increments.

So technically Max is right when he calls it a beta, and apparently he still has to implement and fix a lot of features for it to be beta-worthy... :/

18 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Andre

Dude, that's all we can do, but I thought it would be nice to get something like weekly progress reports or something, I think people would like that :P

Cheers

Hi guys, a bit of a "piece of string" question i know but do we have any "safe to say" estimate of a release date as yet? I laughably saw a post back on page 1 or 2 of this thread that said "there won't be a long waiting time between alpha and beta this time" that was funnily a long time ago with no sign of a beta yet. As presumed before, will Max be just going for a main release now? One thing however... Will a the unable to delete files and folders issue with new ROMs be fixed in this release? Since upgrading to 6.0 from 5.1 despite how many times I grant access to the SD card I cannot delete media from within the app, VERY annoying lol.

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I would say 2019 is probably a fairly "safe" bet... :) 

Andre

Not safe, I guess...

By the way it seems like Max disappeared (or what? It's mid-June!). I hope there'll be new posts from him.

3 hours ago, AryToNeX said:

Not safe, I guess...

By the way it seems like Max disappeared (or what? It's mid-June!). I hope there'll be new posts from him.

I thought he said they were finishing it up? How many problems showed up since the end of May?

9 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I would say 2019 is probably a fairly "safe" bet... :) 

Andre

Your quite the optimist....2033 it probably will be out already....^^

47 minutes ago, Stevieex23 said:

I thought he said they were finishing it up? How many problems showed up since the end of May?

Probably the biggest one was with the new samsung devices he mentioned.

But who knows if fixing that stuff may not have caused other problems.

On 19.6.2017 at 1:34 PM, AryToNeX said:

Not safe, I guess...

What should he post, next lie of some updates? I have long tried to show understanding but i feel Only ripped. 

Archived