Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

10 hours ago, Surge said:

THIS would certainly explain where the 2 years of redesign went.

Either you are having a laugh, or it was a typo and you actually meant 2 weeks of design not 2 years.  It does NOT take 2 years (or anything remotely close to it) to faff about with the interface of an android app, no matter what you are doing with it.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ewokuk said:

Either you are having a laugh, or it was a typo and you actually meant 2 weeks of design not 2 years.  It does NOT take 2 years (or anything remotely close to it) to faff about with the interface of an android app, no matter what you are doing with it.

Only if you're using stock, pre-written controls I bet, or not writing animation transitions ( which I hear can be a bitch to get working right ).

On 6/4/2017 at 6:59 PM, Surge said:

Where exactly? It hasn't been released on here, the latest download available is still "Poweramp-alpha-build-703" form April 2016.

Use a custom ROM if you still run Android 5 or older. Security vulnerabilities should be of bigger concern to you than some music player anyway with an old OS like that.

Honestly tho, this looks way out of date if it's the default player interface. My only hope is that we can customize it and make it look cleaner etc.
Thumbs up / down really seems ridiculous unless this is a radio station / podcast interface and the seek bar looks awfully busy too, a simple line would suffice.
And please, please don't put stuff over my album art, those white boxes for title and artist should go below the cover where the seek bar currently wastes tons of space.

Let me provide you with the link:

The download link is on the left side of the page.

Cheers!

I've just cleaned this thread up and removed 15 or so recent posts. Partly to deal with some personal name-calling that was going on, and partly to remove a repost of a year-old user-created design suggestion, which no matter how good it was serves only to confuse the current situation as Max appears to have decided to follow a completely different path. If you wish to view the old thread or comment on it, it's at:

Andre

20 hours ago, ewokuk said:

I would guess that always depends on the person.

if you are not good at designing such stuff, then it could take several weeks/months before something comes out which you like.

And then you probably have to make that Design a second time as ui elements like plaaybuttons etc. need at least a second image for like stuff that shows that it was pressed (ok, if you just copy & paste examples from google etc. then it goes a lot faster...) ...then still there is the cutting out and fit everything into the app. 

6 hours ago, Notaries said:

Let me provide you with the link:

The download link is on the left side of the page.

Cheers!

@Notaries Oh man, seriously?
You even directly quote my post in which I state that that download is from April 2016, and yet you "provide" that exact same version.
The second line of the "About This File" section clearly states that it is from APRIL 2016.

I was asking @clever_man for the >>latest<< release, the one that has been in the making since ... not the one that's clearly out for over a year. <_<

Context matters people, read the posts!

54 minutes ago, Surge said:

I was asking @clever_man for the >>latest<< release, the one that has been in the making since ... not the one that's clearly out for over a year. <_<

The most recent publicly avalable build is alpha 704, which is what you were pointed to.

No one in a confidential closed beta program would share test APKs externally. Heck, even I don't have anything beyond 704! :(

Andre

On 08/06/2017 at 2:04 PM, papete said:

The ironic thing is that I'm 100% sure that once the Beta is out, people will complain about the interface....:lol:

Of course. Because Max had the genious idea to do a complete UI/UX rewrite during months without giving at least one screenshot (or even a mockup) to the community.  When the beta build will be released, it will probably be too late to give feedback to change things (unless you want again one year without any communication or updates :) )

10 Day's after end of May I thought, I'll see if a miracle happened :); But as expected, nothing. Meanwhile, I also pretty much do not care, I find this ignorance and the stalking of the users Just unbelievable. In 45 years something like that (in terms of software) has not happened yet. But actually every word is too much. 

I have use the alpha version for some time, I really happy about it. But i have some problem showing up a couple of times, sometimes when l add an new folder ie an audio book all other folders disappears from the library, and of course also all corresponding history like most played etcetera.

Other than that i haven't found any problems with the alpha. 

Only function I would like to see in beta/release is "profiles". Ie one for the audiobook for the car trip and another for the music playing at home. Maybe also automatic selectable by the connection. Depending of Bluetooth connection, DAC, HDMI, headphones. To switch que selected folders and resume time from last played time.

Just check this forum to realize, that nothing happened since I've been here couple of months ago... Ok, except more promised and missed deadlines... I'm very disappointed. Poweramp seems to be a dead project now. As soon as there is a broken HiRes output, Poweramp is nothing out of the ordinary music player, which can be obtained for free in Google Play Store. What a pity!

6 minutes ago, AdamZamoyski said:

Poweramp is nothing out of the ordinary music player, which can be obtained for free in Google Play Store

This is bullshit! No one free player can not to provide same functionality and flexibility with customisation by skins like the last stable version of Poweramp.

1 hour ago, clever_man said:

This is bullshit! No one free player can not to provide same functionality and flexibility with customisation by skins like the last stable version of Poweramp.

Yea, skinning is the most anticipated feature in music player...

For me, Poweramp always has the greatest sound engine. I even don't speak about equalizer, which I always turning off - I mean sound engine in general. But the others, for example Google Play Music as a reference, has lately come very close to this - so close that there is practically no difference. Over a year ago Poweramp introduced HiRes output, which made Poweramp great again. I remember firstly turning it on, just WOW! But what about now? What can I do to benefit from high quality Poweramp sound? Do I have to downgrade my android device and stay on Marshmallow forever?

I don't want to argue with You, nor anybody here. If, as You write, Poweramp stands out for You with functionality, flexibility or even these skins - great! Use it and enjoy. 

Although I'm wildly distressed by the fact that the update is constantly postponed, but I do not see any alternatives to Poweramp. Tried other players and always returned to Poweramp (during listening to one song in another player?).

3 hours ago, clever_man said:

Enough! Stop poking us V2 version! There is a V3 with a non-working Hi-Res! We are all waiting for the update with the corrected Hi-Res support for 7 Android! All. Nothing more.

Although I'm wildly distressed by the fact that the update is constantly postponed, but I do not see any alternatives to Poweramp. Tried other players and always returned to Poweramp (during listening to one song in another player?).

I'm actually really pleased with the alpha build itself which automagically stopped crashing after moving from 6.0.1 to 7.1.2. The UI is one of the best out there in my opinion. I got a feel of some other players out there but quickly moved back to Poweramp(maybe I'm just too used to it?). So then why release an alpha and then do a total rebuild of the UI WITH NO Updates? The alpha + squashed bugs would have sufficed to be a v3. Also I highly doubt that this project is Max's priority now. Maybe this is just a hobby for him now, which I to tally respect since it's in his own free will but he could've atleast told us "Hi users, I don't give a damn about you guys or this project anymore so if you want an update, please wait a couple of years cause I'm busy writing billions of lines of code and doing a total overhaul of the app when it's not required". Like come on, stop giving us ETAs. 

Archived