Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

8 minutes ago, clever_man said:

How it will helpful? I posted it on 4pda and after few minuts I posted it here just because on 4pda I spend more times.

The average user isn't going to look on 4pda for an update on progress, screen shots or ETA, they would come directly to the apps website.

A small update from Max or one of the people he had testing for him every couple of months would have alleviated alot of the negativity.

That said, I'll happily wait for it to be right before release.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, piyush patel said:

:angry::rolleyes::(:wub:-_-:blink:<_<

શુ યાર હદ કરી. પુરી માહિતી લઈને અમને કહો.આખો દિવસ સાઇટમા બરબાદ થયો. Data બરબાદ થયા.

LOL... 

4 hours ago, martinkem said:

Oh come on, look at what you had to go refer to.. Who ever needs to access the eq settings regularly? But you would would need to be able to access the playlists quicker. I been using this app for years and getting around is a lot more clunkier than any of the new music players like Phonograph and Google Play Music.  Don't let your bias get in the way of making this app better

Why did you buy Poweramp if not for stuff like really good equalizer settings? And what makes pressing on the currently playing title to get to the Playlist more clunkier then just swiping. I would agrue that the player inter face is much cleaner this way. The partly shown Playlist overloads the screen in photograph in my opinion. If you have to have swipe then atleast let the playlist appear only when swipe. 

15 minutes ago, yuuki said:

Why did you buy Poweramp if not for stuff like really good equalizer settings? And what makes pressing on the currently playing title to get to the Playlist more clunkier then just swiping. I would agrue that the player inter face is much cleaner this way. The partly shown Playlist overloads the screen in photograph in my opinion. If you have to have swipe then atleast let the playlist appear only when swipe. 

I can't remember why i bought Poweramp anymore. Right now i use it becasue it's one of the only music players that has its own filescan independent of android mediascan and also because of the audio focus feature. I don't touch the equalizer. 

As regards the navigation bit, I'd say you should use the Phonograph for about a week and perhaps you'd see what i mean. 

5 hours ago, andrewilley said:

I think I'm going to change the main post to say June, I really can't see May happening now.

Andre

Cool, it's only half year since first announcement that "soon" there will be update. And I though only oneplus is so sh* about updates and finishing promises

2 hours ago, Brainscollector said:

Cool, it's only half year since first announcement that "soon" there will be update. And I though only oneplus is so sh* about updates and finishing promises

More like a YEAR. Half a year would've been okay.. 

39 minutes ago, DarXide said:

I barely even use Poweramp anymore. Why have I been coming to this forum for updates on v3 for the past year?!?!?!?!?!

Halp

To fulfill the excitement that there might be an updated and more sophisticated version of the og Poweramp that once ruled the music players. Don't get me wrong Poweramp is awesome for its features but as of rn blackplayer ex has my heart for if being constantly updated and still supported.

Sincerely hope that screenshot is fake. Where are the navigation buttons or seek bar? Buttons to rate music? Those buttons on the bottom are hideous! And the album art could be all the way to the edges of the screen. 

16 hours ago, martinkem said:

I can't remember why i bought Poweramp anymore. Right now i use it becasue it's one of the only music players that has its own filescan independent of android mediascan and also because of the audio focus feature. I don't touch the equalizer. 

As regards the navigation bit, I'd say you should use the Phonograph for about a week and perhaps you'd see what i mean. 

I used apps like those quite a bit and after the "wow" effect wears of it just way more complicated then needed. 

19 hours ago, yuuki said:

Why did you buy Poweramp if not for stuff like really good equalizer settings?

There could be a lot of other reasons why someone bought it.

I bought it back in the time (guess it was 2011 or early 2012) cause i needed a player which supported flac playback, as that was not an integrated codec in the Android version at that time....

16 hours ago, yuuki said:

I used apps like those quite a bit and after the "wow" effect wears of it just way more complicated then needed. 

16 hours ago, yuuki said:

Here's the thing, the wow factor for me about Phonograph is the simplicity. It's simple but quite effective, i still find myself coming back to it to see if they've added a builtin filescan once i get that I'm done with Poweramp

7 hours ago, martinkem said:

Here's the thing, the wow factor for me about Phonograph is the simplicity. It's simple but quite effective, i still find myself coming back to it to see if they've add a builtin filescan once i get that I'm done with Poweramp

Does it have a EQ?  I don't see one in the screenshots for the app.

On 5/31/2017 at 4:43 PM, yuuki said:

Why did you buy Poweramp if not for stuff like really good equalizer settings?

I was a first time Android user. Bought a ZTE phone with an above average DAC. I feel like Poweramp takes advantage of the capabilities of a phone's DAC better than an average music player. Poweramp brought life to my Sennhesier momentums. And somehow the bass equalizer is so finely tuned that I can boost it up to 94% and be blown away by the depth of bass in these headphones, something I could never achieve using other equalizers. It never gets old even after nearly a year of using the same headphones, same phone, same app.

I know it's frustrating but I can wait because I don't have any other options like I can't install some crappy apps like black player, neutron, phonograph, etc etc and say omg this is way freaking better than Poweramp. I'm a normal person from India I don't have any super sci-fi headphones made by some aliens but I do have some good quality headphones that sounds good atleast for me. I don't have any handset that has a dual or quad or octa or hexa DAC or may be 5000w RMS Power output. But I do see people who won those hardware they are using Poweramp if not satisfied then using arise or Xtreme music or may be some other  sound mods like Devine beats, viperatmos Sony beats edition, Xtreme beats + viper, pawn audio or maybe some other. but certainly not those craps. 

If any kind hearted person reading this please help me by making a bass paper test video so that I can understand how those apps or music players or hi-fi smart phone powerd by sci fy DACs are better but only one condition though you can't use Poweramp or soundmods I've mentioned or any external hardware like hp amps. 

If you can do this it will be the greatest invention ever for idiots like me who blindly love Poweramp

If you can't atleast say I personally like those app & strictly for me these are better than Poweramp

I love my headphones that I have (Somy xb920, Sony xb90x, twinwoofers etc) & I don't want them to turn into hi quality tweeters or doom tweeters or horn tweeters

Or maybe a home theatre with out a subwoofer LoL

Edit: for me those apps & every other music player app (except Stellio) are useless junk I do not move them to trash i don't delete them normally, usually I shredded them.

On Wednesday, May 31, 2017 at 0:50 AM, clever_man said:

And one more screenshot of new version Poweramp from 4pda:

3ZJK3py4D6_thumb.jpg

OMG,the button ,the album info,I couldn't understand the bottom interface , hope we can change skin in next beta

This is wonderful news to me, but one thing I'm a little confused about is why we are waiting for a feature complete beta.  The whole point of being a beta tester is to actually test features that are in progress, not wait a month for a beta that already has them all finalized with virtually no time left to give feedback.  That's all I have to say.  ?

I'm disappointed. I run a security service in private life, if I imagine I would just as well with my clientele, we would already be broke.

"Yes, tonight we provide them 6 staff, but can also be that no one comes" I do that once and tomorrow I can register insolvency.

Most people paid for the app and it does not matter if you paid 1 cent or 100 euros, it is about the prinziep, I can not hold monthly people, then I call a period "May", there is no update, nothing Except silence and nothing.

This is a behavior for which I have no understanding, perhaps I am just too old for such stories. 

Archived