Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, x1ld3n said:

I think we will get next build after Android O release because Max will have to adapt the player for the new Android O sound features.

Or he just finishes the version as it is and implements features of upcoming android later in a Poweramp V3.x (or V4).

If every developer would halt the development just because of features which will added in a future OS Update (from which he does not know how many people even would get it) then stuff would never get finished.

On 20.5.2017 at 9:52 PM, x1ld3n said:

I think we will get next build after Android O release because Max will have to adapt the player for the new Android O sound features.

Only March, then April, then the text of it with statement was May, if in May nothing comes I can not take the whole seriously. There is no reason to wait for O, runs easily. Next we wait for Android 9 - 10 .... 

On 5/20/2017 at 3:52 PM, x1ld3n said:

This seems right.

On 5/21/2017 at 5:21 AM, pauldamo said:

Works fine on my Nexus 5x with Android O

Yes, but high res does not work on N, let alone O

On 5/21/2017 at 1:22 PM, Wolfpig said:

Or he just finishes the version as it is and implements features of upcoming android later in a Poweramp V3.x (or V4).

If every developer would halt the development just because of features which will added in a future OS Update (from which he does not know how many people even would get it) then stuff would never get finished.

He could. On the flip side high res does not work on N. So I assume he would need to fix high res in N first then fix it again in O.

7 hours ago, BROKEN said:

Yes, but high res does not work on N, let alone O

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Andre

8 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Hey can u give The date or timeline when new update is coming.

2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

The alpha-test works fine on some Nougat versions (you need to be using PA build 704 though) but to be fair this alpha build was issued over a year ago, before N and a lot of these devices were officially released, so it's rather nice that it works at all given the way Google keep moving the goalposts. The forthcoming beta should address compatibility issues with a lot of newer devices.

Andre

This is not an alpha test, it's just a mockery. Everyone is waiting for this beta version as the second coming. Well, how long do we need to wait, damn it ?!

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

9 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Two news.
The bad one: an additional round of device specific optimizing and polishing is required for Poweramp v3.0, this delays release. As indicated before, v3 will run on Androids 5.0+ (O included). Poweramp v2 stays for 2.3-4.4.
Good one: everything works and I'm on finishing steps. Just stuff like Samsung Mali driver bug in phones up to S8+ causing inability to render some simple stuff in 60fps need to be taken care of (if interested, some Samsung Mali based devices - the ones with Exynos - have an issue in OpenGL HWUI renderer - they lag at render like 40 nine-patch images probably due to HWUI caching issues on those devices).

Keep tuned.

Thaks a lor for the update max

47 minutes ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

Will high res work for the LG V20 when you release the next version?

3 hours ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

? Can't wait.

5 hours ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

Oh come on Max, it's too perfect :P

Just joking, keep up the good work, it'll sure be a good one!

6 hours ago, maxmp said:

Two news.

Keep tuned.

Hey Max, 

Thanks for the update. 

Just one quick question, 

Will you be fixing the file access permission issue with 6.0+ devices, which prevents editing song file tags if they are stored on external memory cards? 

Archived