Poweramp v3 Project Update (please read first post for latest info before commenting)

andrewilley

6 hours ago, ikvmao said:

The new version and spectrum? Hope to have!!!!!

Sorry, what are you requesting? There is already a visualisation which gives you a spectrum analyser display if that's what you mean. And further down the line Max plans on improving the EQ controls (but not until well after v3 is released).

Andre

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
39 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Sorry, what are you requesting? There is already a visualisation which gives you a spectrum analyser display if that's what you mean. And further down the line Max plans on improving the EQ controls (but not until well after v3 is released).

Andre

The new, will also have this??

S70324-163903(1).jpg

As much as I love Poweramp, if there isn't a dark mode or black skin available in the next alpha I might have to either hold back from updating or switch to a different app as I have everything else on my phone set to a dark theme. Having a mostly black interface also helps when using the app at night. Skins are currently disabled, so I'm not really expecting there to be a dark skin in the alpha test (but I'm still kind of hoping there will be one). 

Can Max perhaps include a dark mode and maybe a accent colour selector (if applicable) in an update some time in the future if they're not in the app already? 

It's great to see that the app's development is moving along nicely, though :) 

White background? :angry: OMG!

We discussed this issue before the months.

Yes, maybe white background will be better than old interface but why does not Max open his own eyes and look around? Samsung Music Player (or Spotify) uses colourful blur effect for the background changing depending on album cover and today, it is the most modern interface for a music player.

At least it could be made a preset to be left to the user request.

Of course, we have not tried it yet but I interpret it according to his explanations.

On 24/3/2017 at 3:02 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

I think, he said the spectrum when you play the music after a fews seconds the cover image of the music disappears and after that come the spectrum that continue in movement in relation with the music, if this caracteristic will still im v3 released or Max will kit this, i really like this but for a quickly idea is best if not dissapear by itself the cover, but when the user touch the screen then dissapear the cover album and come the spectrum, i don't know if i explained well. I have to say that Poweramp is the best ever ever music player in the existence of Android, and thanks for not leave this great project. Regard and I hope the released can be in April!! Sorry for my bad english.

2 hours ago, Biomix said:

I think, he said the spectrum when you play the music after a fews seconds the cover image of the music disappears and after that come the spectrum that continue in movement in relation with the music, if this caracteristic will still im v3 released or Max will kit this,

Yes, that is just one option of the many Visualisation display choices, and it was only introduced in v3 alpha so it's definitely here to stay.

Andre

2 hours ago, 1579243958 said:

Only white theme?No no no…I want a black theme

No, the *default* theme will be white, not the only look. That's a Material Design concept I think (and for the record, I don't like the idea much either - but that's what skins will be for).

Andre

Очень странное отношение к пользователям. То есть на тех, кто еще использует старую версию Android, наплевали? За что я тогда платил? Чтобы программа осталась без обновлений? Зачем нужно бета-тестирование, зачем мне нужно было ждать целый год, если пользоваться новой версией я не смогу? А может мне нужно купить новый телефон, чтобы я смог использовать новую версию плеера? Я этого не понимаю. Возможно, вы сможете мне ответить. И не говорите мне, что по программе, которая разрабатывается в Москве, не оказывается поддержка на русском языке.

За что заплатили тем и пользуйтесь. Значит старые версии Андроид не поддерживают то что разработчик ввел в 3 версии.

I'm assuming that a lot of the library code for the new interface is only available in Android 5+ and would take too long to re-invent for older devices. However, Max has already said that v2.x of Poweramp will continue to be available for users of older devices, it just won't be getting feature updates (which I assume also applies to those devices generally now).

For Russian users there is a Russian sub-forum by the way, but I can only answer via Google translate (as I'm British) and the dev does not tend to spend a lot of time on forums, he prefers to work on the app.

Andre

3 hours ago, Centries said:

Well, anyway, thank you. Nevertheless, I would like to know whether the implemented functionality of the current alfa in stable version for the old versions of Android?

No, the legacy v2 version will stay pretty much as it is now features-wise. It would take a lot of work to move the v3 elements into v2, and v3 is delayed enough without starting down the road of updating two forks at the same time!

Andre

4 hours ago, andrewilley said:

No, the legacy v2 version will stay pretty much as it is now features-wise. It would take a lot of work to move the v3 elements into v2, and v3 is delayed enough without starting down the road of updating two forks at the same time!

Andre

It's very sad to hear it. This alfa (703) is working on my phone, and I hoped that this features will be moved to legacy version. So, I'll leave beta-testing, it became senseless. Thanks for answer, Andre.

10 minutes ago, Centries said:

It's very sad to hear it. This alfa (703) is working on my phone, and I hoped that this features will be moved to legacy version. So, I'll leave beta-testing, it became senseless. Thanks for answer, Andre.

The main new feature (high rez audio) doesn't work on Android 4.x and below anyway, so it'd be kinda pointless. You can carry on using the 704 test version if you like it for the visualisations of course, there's no need to update or revert to v2, just stop accepting updates. However there will be no further active development (apart from maybe a few bug fixes) to v2, it will be considered a legacy product.

Andre

Archived