Can't delete files from SD card

Poweramp version 2.0.10 build 588 from Google Play 

My OS Android 6.0 Stock 

My music files placed in external SD card. I try to delete file from player and got message "access denied"

After this i pressed button "access", choose "extenal SD card", press "select all" (also I try choose only my music folder, not all SD card)

Then I got message "access allowed", but file not deleted. When I try to delete this file again, I got again message "access denied"

Another apps has no problems with access to files on external SD card.

Пожалуйста, решите мою проблему.

You should use the Grant Access page to select the ROOT level of your SD Card when prompted, not the level that the current file is saved to. That should release access for the SD Card as a whole. Also check that you haven't write-protected the file or folder separately (which one use found was the problem).

Or do what I do and root your device and get rid of the stupid Google SD Card access restriction completely.

Andre

Thanx for reply

select the ROOT level of your SD Card 

I'm doing exactly like you say

check that you haven't write-protected the file or folder

I check. There is no write-protect properties on my music files and folders

root your device

What should I do after that?

Marshmallow SD fixes require xposed module. There is no xposed for my firmware.

I did it by manually modifying the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file (see http://zidroid.com/how-to-fix-extsdcard-mount-issue-on-kitkat-and-lollipop/ ) which was really easy once rooted, it just needs a basic text editor. However off-hand I don't know if that works with newer versions of Android, or what the equivalent newer methods might be.

Andre

MoZzZgG, I have been trying to understand why some apps can write to the external sdcard and others (like my New Playlist Manager) can not when dealing with android 6and above. Google have locked the external sdcard in terms of write permissions, for "security" reasons. However, I have found there is such as thing as Storage Access Framework which does allow writing

For reference:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/document-provider.html

So, unless you implement this framework and use its methods, you are stuck. I suspect this framework only apples to api 21 or above so any apps using a lower api can not use it. (I have to find out exactly if this is true though)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, M0ZzZgG said:

I format my card in exFAT, and problem solved

Interesting! I hadn't heard of that as a solution. I wonder if merely the act of reformatting it that was the fix, or if it was specifically exFAT that did the trick?

Andre

Archived