• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   03/22/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It's not quite ready for open testing yet, and although he would like to be able to get it out by the end of the March it may just drop over into April. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
M0ZzZgG

Can't delete files from SD card

11 posts in this topic

Poweramp version 2.0.10 build 588 from Google Play (also I try alpha-build-703-play fro, Google Play)

My device Honor 6 H60-L02

My OS Android 6.0 Stock B860

My music files placed in external SD card. I try to delete file from player and got message "access denied"

After this i pressed button "access", choose "extenal SD card", press "select all" (also I try choose only my music folder, not all SD card)

Then I got message "access allowed", but file not deleted. When I try to delete this file again, I got again message "access denied"

Another apps has no problems with access to files on external SD card.

Пожалуйста, решите мою проблему.

You should use the Grant Access page to select the ROOT level of your SD Card when prompted, not the level that the current file is saved to. That should release access for the SD Card as a whole. Also check that you haven't write-protected the file or folder separately (which one use found was the problem).

Or do what I do and root your device and get rid of the stupid Google SD Card access restriction completely.

Andre

Thanx for reply

select the ROOT level of your SD Card 

I'm doing exactly like you say

check that you haven't write-protected the file or folder

I check. There is no write-protect properties on my music files and folders

root your device

What should I do after that?

Marshmallow SD fixes require xposed module. There is no xposed for my firmware.

I did it by manually modifying the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml file (see http://zidroid.com/how-to-fix-extsdcard-mount-issue-on-kitkat-and-lollipop/ ) which was really easy once rooted, it just needs a basic text editor. However off-hand I don't know if that works with newer versions of Android, or what the equivalent newer methods might be.

Andre

modifying the /system/etc/permissions/platform.xml 

It is not working in Android 6.

All SD fixes in Android 6 requires xposed

Why ALL another 3rd party apps has no problems with access to files on external SD card?

MoZzZgG, I have been trying to understand why some apps can write to the external sdcard and others (like my New Playlist Manager) can not when dealing with android 6and above. Google have locked the external sdcard in terms of write permissions, for "security" reasons. However, I have found there is such as thing as Storage Access Framework which does allow writing

For reference:

https://developer.android.com/guide/topics/providers/document-provider.html

So, unless you implement this framework and use its methods, you are stuck. I suspect this framework only apples to api 21 or above so any apps using a lower api can not use it. (I have to find out exactly if this is true though)

7 minutes ago, TheoKlink said:

So, unless you implement this framework and use its methods, you are stuck.

Hmm, I'm not Android developer. 

I don't understand how to use this information to solve my problem(

I simply tried to explain why some apps can and others cant. 😊😊

53 minutes ago, TheoKlink said:

I simply tried to explain why some apps can and others cant. 😊😊

OK, thanks)