Milkdrop presets

marcelo13k

Some questions about PA support of milkdrop:

1. The folder sdcard/Android/data/_com.maxmpz.audioplayer/milk_presets ("the folder") is empty in my device, even though the visualizations are working fine and in the settings PA reports Built-in:4 Compiled:6 Poweramp:63

1. Where are the PA presets stored if not there?
  2. If I bring my own presets pack, should I copy it to the folder? With subfolders presets and textures (as with WinAmp in a PC)?
  3. Is there an option to delete duplicates if a preset is already loaded?

2. Which shader version is currently supported in PA?

3. Is it possible to define the presets folder elsewhere? Let's say, on the external SD card?

1. If it is not possible, then it would be a nice improvement
  2. It would be also nice to have several presets folders, same as we have several media folders for music

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Visualisation is still an experimental alpha-test feature, it may change before the final release. As far as I know though, the internal presets are not removable, and new user-defined ones can be added as .milk files in the folder you mention.

Andre

• 7 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there any new development in this matter?
As Marcelo13k I have an empty milk_presets folder and absolutely not know how to find a .milk preset here.

And I don't find, how I can change any built-in-presets neither. I only get this Equalizer Screen Spectrum, which is nothing compared to the real Visualisations from e.g. projectM.

Google search doesnt find any helpful in this question by the way, "clever"_man.

I started a new topic about it.

• 2 months later...

If I recall correctly you have several. Look for the ones with the word "Spectrum" in their name.

As per the last version of Poweramp v3-build-804-play (full version) you see the name of the current visualization on the top of the screen (visualization mode: Fade Controls)

Tap it and you get the full list which you can filter, using "spectrum" I see:

spectrum-plain

spectrum-quad-narrow

spectrum-reflected-wide

spectrum-wide

Ice spectrum

Ice Spectrum (Reverse)

Archived