• Announcements

    • andrewilley

      Poweramp v3 Project Update   03/22/2017

      As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It's not quite ready for open testing yet, and although he would like to be able to get it out by the end of the March it may just drop over into April. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
Draconican

High Res Output Stopped Working

14 posts in this topic

Hi, I have recently upgraded my device to android nougat and updated Poweramp to alpha 704 build with it. Suddenly Poweramp is unable to output 24 bit audio. It was working fine with Android Marshmallow (Poweramp build 703). I don't know why it stopped working. I tried turning it on the settings but it says "failed to output 24bit audio" can anyone help me fix this? I want to listen to 24bit output, 16bit seems fuzzy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My high-res fails a lot when I skip songs, so I have to go in and uncheck the high-res option and recheck it, which worked fine with 703, but now with 704, the first try always fails and I get that error.  The 2nd try seems to work.  Give that a shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tried it same thing happens, keep failed. It works flawlessly on alpha 703. But since Android N doesn't support alpha 703 with high res audio, I tried upgrading to 704. Which has this issue. Back then with 703 build and Android Marshmallow its working fine. 

Phone used:

Asus Zenfone 3 ZE552KL

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 625

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, eddie_the_man said:

My hi  res option disapeared after updatw to 7.0. 

Same thing happened to me since i upgraded to Android Nougat. Try downloading the Poweramp alpha 704 the settings would appear there. But mine fails to output 24bit audio. Any news from the mods about this?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Last time I checked with Max, he said the next beta-test release (due this month) will contain basically the same underlying audio code but with the new user-interface that he's been working on for a year.

After that he will be looking to complete any debugging needed to get ready for an official release of v3, and I assume supporting newer devices and Nougat compatibility would be on that list. 

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, andrewilley said:

Last time I checked with Max, he said the next beta-test release (due this month) will contain basically the same underlying audio code but with the new user-interface that he's been working on for a year.

After that he will be looking to complete any debugging needed to get ready for an official release of v3, and I assume supporting newer devices and Nougat compatibility would be on that list. 

Andre

Phew, That's good to hear and btw i found out that Android Nougat got the new audio_config file in XML version. I'll post it here, maybe that's causing it to fail. For now im stuck listening to 16bit audio @48khz

audio_policy_configuration.xml

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I believe this was before the Android Nougat update. I got both the audio_config policy on XML and conf files. 

Excited about the official release of the V3 with the new material design and new functions.

audio_policy.conf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is a screenshot of working 24bit audio before the Android Nougat update. Hope max can fix this bug before the official release. Thanks.  

PicsArt_03-10-08.10.18.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2017 at 3:44 AM, Draconican said:

Same thing happened to me since i upgraded to Android Nougat. Try downloading the Poweramp alpha 704 the settings would appear there. But mine fails to output 24bit audio. Any news from the mods about this?  

I downloaded 704 but still the problem persists. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, eddie_the_man said:

I downloaded 704 but still the problem persists. 

Well then we have to wait for them to fix Poweramp's comparability with Android Nougat. Hopefully this month we would get the Poweramp V3 official release. 

I kinda miss highres audio

(screenshot from Asus' Audio Wizzard) 

PicsArt_03-12-11.41.22.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Draconican said:

Hopefully this month we would get the Poweramp V3 official release. 

Well you can hope, but I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it as they say. The next BETA test release (which will be for the new user interface, so probably won't have many other underlying code updates from the current alpha-test) is planned for later this month. Or it was last time I was updated anyway.

Andre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, andrewilley said:

Well you can hope, but I certainly wouldn't bet the farm on it as they say. The next BETA test release (which will be for the new user interface, so probably won't have many other underlying code updates from the current alpha-test) is planned for later this month. Or it was last time I was updated anyway.

Andre

Well yeah, on the bright side we would test the new user interface soon. I wish max a good luck on working Poweramp's compatibility  with Android 7.0 Nougat.

In the meantime I'll enjoy listening to my favorite songs while you guys are at it. Thanks for the info Andre. 😃

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now