Dislike a song button

Ankur

Hi Team,

There should be a dislike option or button for currently playing song.

Once we have disliked a song it will never play automatically unless we again remove the dislike tag.

Also we should be able to browse all dislike songs in library so that either we can delete them at once or selectively delete some of them.

How would that be different from giving a song a one-star rating, and then you can display all your songs in the Library sorted by their ratings and scroll to the one-star items and either delete them one-by-one or multi-select and delete. There isn't currently a specific way to shuffle only songs above a certain rating, but that is something that has been requested in the past.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 06/03/2017 at 9:02 AM, andrewilley said:

How would that be different from giving a song a one-star rating, and then you can display all your songs in the Library sorted by their ratings and scroll to the one-star items and either delete them one-by-one or multi-select and delete. There isn't currently a specific way to shuffle only songs above a certain rating, but that is something that has been requested in the past.

Andre

There can be times..

When you don't want to delete a song (user may have his own reasons), but you also don't want it to be played during shuffle.

deleting solves one problem of song being not played, but then the song is gone forever.

If we have a dislike option, then both problems are resolved, song wouldn't play in shuffle but still you got the song available always.

Just now, andrewilley said:

As I said, just give the unliked songs one or zero stars, and all the songs you like more stars. At the moment Shuffle doesn't have any way to play certain types of song only, but it would be a way to find specific songs easily in the Library view.

If you batch-edited all your songs to include an average rating first, and then use TheoKlink's New Playlist Manager app to import those file-based ratings into PA's database, you could use the Top Rated library view to Shuffle only the rated songs, while never hearing any unrated ones.

Andre

On 3/6/2017 at 10:02 AM, andrewilley said:

Andre

I delete songs that I dont linke... Specially power ballads?

I think it's more important to have a way to exclude tracks from Shuffle to be honest. My phone always has a number of current 1-2 hour podcasts on it, and some 30 minute radio dramas, and assorted concept/soundtrack albums, which while I want to keep them on the phone, I don't want to appear in a routine random music mix.

Andre

Archived