• Announcements

• andrewilley

Poweramp v3 Project Update   03/22/2017

As you may be aware, the Poweramp developer has been working hard on an updated material design user interface for Poweramp v3 which required a full ground-up rebuild of the code. It's not quite ready for open testing yet, and although he would like to be able to get it out by the end of the March it may just drop over into April. See forum thread for more details and to discuss.    
misakidavid

I don't know what happened

9 posts in this topic

……and IT'S WORK !!!

Edited :

Because DSEE-HX , I can enjoy 24bit 192khz while "MusicFX" turned on .

Can you explain? I use xperia z5 and recently I don't have the option of hi res. .. Because I updated the phone to android 7.0.  

I think the android's audio process is heavily changed , so java virtual machine can provide 24bit 192khz , but unfortunately Poweramp app just support 16/32bit no 24bit caused that.

7 hours ago, eddie_the_man said:

Can you explain? I use xperia z5 and recently I don't have the option of hi res. .. Because I updated the phone to android 7.0.  

I think you could try it on your Z5 , it will help max (developer) to know what's different between android m & android n.

On 3/3/2017 at 5:41 AM, misakidavid said:

I think you could try it on your Z5 , it will help max (developer) to know what's different between android m & android n.

But how?

Commonly (pa : audio track) :

Music files -> apps -> java virtual machine -> android os -> hardware driver -> output

OpenSL ES :

Music files -> apps -> android os (OpenSL ES Shell API) -> hardware driver -> output

Poweramp app's hi-res function:

Music files -> apps <=>Android OS(get permission)

apps -> hardware driver -> output

Edited:

Java virtual machine : 1. Dalvik virtual machine 2. (new) Android RunTime (a.k.a ART)

Poweramp's hi-res is a "apps direct access" to hardware , so Poweramp need to know every phone model .

If we don't share our phone model and don't share our using experience , Max won't know how to help us .

Edited 2 :

I used to develop a app , but I had given up , so I knew Android's  java virtual machine didn't support for hi-res audio output .

I know everything is possible while alpha session , but I still was astonished when it occurred , because google and sony didn't told us anything about OS's audio process's changes .

On 03/04/2017 at 6:56 PM, eddie_the_man said:

But how?

1. Change your Poweramp setting , select "Audio Track" as your output opinion.

2. Test ,use Poweramp to play music.

3.Just make a post here, Max will read them all.