No possibility to easy change Album Art?

Matik

Is there no possibility to change in easy way album art ? I think it should be done by simply  tapping on cover and choose a few alternatives.  At present  I have about 30% folder covers absolutely not matching the artist/albums !! (though there are correct tags - ie. Shakespeare poem wtf?? )  and the rest 40% covers coming from correct albums but which i dont want to be displayed (I would like to have specific adequate album cover) . It's annoying.  I tried to put cover.jpg in almost every folder but its not good solution - my phone images applications gather all images on phone - adding 100 covers  create a one big mess) 

9 minutes ago, Matik said:

Is there no possibility to change in easy way album art ? I think it should be done by simply  tapping on cover and choose a few alternatives.

Erm, yes. You can just tap on the cover in the player screen (long press on it actually) and choose from a few alternatives.

Andre

17 minutes ago, andrewilley said:

Erm, yes. You can just tap on the cover in the player screen (long press on it actually) and choose from a few alternatives.

Andre

I think i didnt make myself understood. I meant covers FOR Folder list, not for particular track. 

You know..list of folders with albums...they share common cover. How to change it in the same way like for single track??

The folders (or albums) list artwork images are taken from items within that folder/album, or from the relevant cover.jpg file if nothing embedded is found. See http://support.powerampapp.com/knowledgebase/articles/323535-how-album-art-for-a-track-is-selected for a bit more background on how the selection logic works.

The download option is for artwork per SONG not per album though.

Andre

Thats what im saying. Tapping and holding on cover/albumart  in folder list SHOULD show me all available covers in THIS catalog/folder which was previously downloaded/embedded without all this mess given in link. Methods in your link are more like workarounds than real solution - neither intuitive nor comfortable.

For example someone have folder with many different artist, albums etc. Some of them have just ugly or not attractive covers that i dont want to see (emebedded or downloaded by Poweramp - never mind), and i really dont want to bother to change there anything - tracks, embedded coversr etc. I expect it from Poweramp - possibility to in easy way change folder covers. 

I have paid version of Poweramp..so if such function is not implemented - i think it should be because this is in my opinion fundamental function. 

Yes i know.. it would resolve this problem...but...as i mentioned built-in image application in NOTE 2 collect all images on phone - its stupid but this is how it works. (no way to limit folders) . If i add covers.jpgs in album folders it will create dozens separate folders in gallery/image application = total mess. Maybe i should change image application..but i like it. I dont know if it consider to many gallery applications on samsung phones but in mine - yes. 

In regard of this issue it would be nice to add easy way to manipulate covers in Poweramp. 

Have you tried adding a .nomedia file to your top level music folder? Then everything within that folder, and the subfolders below it, should be ignored by the system media scanner (so no music, videos or photos will be added to your Android gallery). That's how it's meant to work anyway, and it does on my Note 3.

Andre

Archived