Manual Needed

Manualneeded

Hello, 

last week I bought the premium version of Poweramp. I think it is great, but I could really use a step-by-step manual to get to learn the possibilities Poweramp has.

I've been searching the internet but cannot find what I;m looking for. A dutch manual would be great, but an english manual will make me happy to.

Is there someone who can help me or has a manual to get started?

Thanking you for reading!!!!

PS the app itself is in dutch, but I want to know how to get started .

I'm afraid there is no manual, other than the help info inside the app and the FAQs here on the website. Once v3 is finalised and released I might see in Max wants something written, but there's not much point now as the interface is due to change when v3 is released. Please ask away here if you've got any questions though.

Andre

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ManualNeeded,  welcome to Poweramp.  I'm like you perhaps, in that I find manuals helpful and don't mind reading them.  Also, I've only recently made it into the world of smart phones, so many of the things people say are "natural" I don't think of.

However, I enjoyed playing around with Poweramp, getting to know it and finding the different ways it can do things.  I also found andrewilley very courteous and helpful.  Some things I still find a little frustrating, but on the whole it's the best app I've tried.  So for me, not having a manual hasn't been too much of a problem in the end.

But would a manual  be the answer?  For instance, it would be difficult to explain in words the different kind of touch needed to give a star rating to a track, swipe across to change the track or access the menu.  I learned by letting my phone teach me.  After I'd tried things enough, I had adapted to the app without knowing it.  Using it tends to bypass the brain quite quickly.  A manual might help in the first few hours, but it would take someone many, many hours of preparation, checking and keeping up to date.

Good luck, and don't be afraid to ask.

• 2 years later...
On 2/12/2017 at 5:27 PM, andrewilley said:

I'm afraid there is no manual, other than the help info inside the app and the FAQs here on the website. Once v3 is finalised and released I might see in Max wants something written, but there's not much point now as the interface is due to change when v3 is released. Please ask away here if you've got any questions though.

Andre

One more customer asking for a users manual here.  I just purchased the product and have version v3-build-853-arm64pllay (853004-eab856f2) Full 64 bit Vesion.  So it looks like v3 has ben finalized.  Where is the User Manual?  I would really like to have one to be able to take full advantage of the product. Soon Please!

There is a FAQ list on the site which should help, but no manual as such. Which reminds me, I have a few extra FAQs that I must add to the main site FAQs area, I posted them for comment a while ago at https://forum.powerampapp.com/topic/17130-poweramp-faqs-tutorials/ . If the FAQ admin page lets me log in (which is about 50/50!) I'll copy them over there too. There are also Help hints available for each screen

Actually, when I think about it, phone apps generally don't tend to have manuals in my experience, I guess with all the updates they tend to receive it can be too much of a moving target.

Andre

Thanks you for your reply.  I do appreciate it when someone takes the time as you did to reply to requests such as mine.  With that said, I understand the moving target issue for updating a user manual.  And I have viewed the FAQ list.  I use a control+F key (on a PC) with documents to help find what I'm looking for when I need help.  It's a fast and efficient way to find what your looking for when you have a .pdf or online document to search.  Maybe some day we will have one for Poweramp.  In the mean time, thank you once again for your reply and Happy Holidays to all.

• 4 weeks later...

By accident i changed a setting, and in the main screen and Library screens i got "1 - Title.mp3" instead of "Title", i have been searching over an hour to find out it was the "lists --> filename as title" setting.

So YES......... a manual would be very helpfull

Archived